Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

In for upgrade today, fingers crossed. Denver dealer charging $100 US for Apple CarPlay portion.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • SRM
    Norway 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Re: ACP Update Done

Andy3445 wrote:
    Asked the dealer to install the 18C update during 1st service, they needed it for 2 days to complete the work, however it was complete by 10am on day 2. Shocked

On picking her up I asked if the ACP update had been done only to be told it had to go back for activation as they had problems. Anyway, got in, switched on, fiddled with the screen and hey presto, ACP option was there, plugged phone in, selected ACP from the message pop-up and it all worked, so it looks like the dealer did not check or did not know Whistle

Thanks to all who posted about ACP Bow down I somehow think that the dealer would have failed to mention the update was available, long live DISCO5.CO.UK Thumbs Up

Did the ACP-symbol appear on your screen after the update? Or did you do something when you “fiddled”?
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Rockcypher wrote:
    In for upgrade today, fingers crossed. Denver dealer charging $100 US for Apple CarPlay portion.

That sucks. Colorado Springs did it for free. I told them it was a warranty issue - slow/unresponsive UI, occasionally disconnects bluetooth...
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Re: ACP Update Done

SRM wrote:
    Andy3445 wrote:
    Asked the dealer to install the 18C update during 1st service, they needed it for 2 days to complete the work, however it was complete by 10am on day 2. Shocked

On picking her up I asked if the ACP update had been done only to be told it had to go back for activation as they had problems. Anyway, got in, switched on, fiddled with the screen and hey presto, ACP option was there, plugged phone in, selected ACP from the message pop-up and it all worked, so it looks like the dealer did not check or did not know Whistle

Thanks to all who posted about ACP Bow down I somehow think that the dealer would have failed to mention the update was available, long live DISCO5.CO.UK Thumbs Up

Did the ACP-symbol appear on your screen after the update? Or did you do something when you “fiddled”?

No fiddling should be necessary, if its installed, then the Apple / android will appear and be easily located on one of the home screens, if they aren’t there...........
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I've just had an email from Landrover.

They confirm the cost of Android Auto/Apple Carplay is £250

I get my new car on 9th January next year and it won't be on it.

If I want AA and AC I have to pay an additional £250

I realise some people are getting it for nothing saying there's an issue with their infotainmant etc. but I was honestly expecting this to be already fitted to all new cars leaving the factory - its obviously not the case Shocked

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Labbix

Ridiculous if you ask me, knowing it exists for years, was even included on my VW I bought in 2014...
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Dodlestonian wrote:

I realise some people are getting it for nothing saying there's an issue with their infotainmant etc. but I was honestly expecting this to be already fitted to all new cars leaving the factory - its obviously not the case Shocked

Spoke to my dealer this week as the car is in for other work. They were happy to install it but stated the following
    The car play is giving far more issues than LR planned, they expected a problem with 2/10 cars but are actually getting at least 5/10 cars with issues hence they are not recomending it unless there are severe issues with the current infotainment system.
    Apparently there is another version due to be released at somepoint that should eliviate the problems as a result they strongly recomended I donot go ahead with it and if I do it is at my risk.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Dodlestonian wrote:

It’s a paid for option.

Those with older cars have had ‘issues’ with ICTP so some dealers will add it under a warranty claim to fix those issues. This is /was approved by LR.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Labbix wrote:
    Ridiculous if you ask me, knowing it exists for years, was even included on my VW I bought in 2014...

Well, BMW charges $300 up front and then $80/year for Apple CarPlay. They don't offer Android Auto.
  • Labbix

Thx, I will keep that in mind for the next car as with my VW and Audi it was included and free to use ever since.
    Only the google earth (and some specific VW apps) need a paid subscription which was included for 3 years, but as ACP is working, there is no need for google earth as Google Maps is free this way and it works perfectly well, even outside of the EU.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

There's a new ICT software version available: S18D_18.47.5-269316
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Any idea what it fixes John ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Smartphone Pack Features

All Smartphones
    * Improved connectivity of USB module phones.
    * Improved functionality when 2 phones are connected at the same time.

Android Auto
    * Improved GPS connection when using a navigation app from customer's phone.[/list]

Apple CarPlay
    * If customer disconnects a session for the device the touchscreen will no longer freeze on the CarPlay screen.
    * A customer will no longer need to press the CarPlay tile twice to get to the CarPlay screen.
    * Customers using CarPlay will now see the correct media artwork where available.
    * Customers will be able to launch CarPlay or InControl Apps (ICA) in the same ignition cycle after starting vehicle using remote engine start.
    * CarPlay will no longer be deactivated after unmuting audio on the vehicle.

(Android phones only)
    * InControl Apps (ICA)
    ICA screen will no longer freeze or flicker for apps like spotify, when connected using android phones

Plus a host of other non-Smartphone pack changes. Also, the installed vehicle software version will now be stored with other vehicle details in TOPIx - together with a notation as to the latest version available, making it easy to see if an update is available/relevant.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Brilliant. Thanks for this John Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Total failure, when is LR going to contract out their software development? After having truck for 10 days (most of which addressed second row seat issues), I picked it up this Saturday morning, hopped in and connected iPhone and ACP working, feeling good, drive short distance and fill up with diesel, restart truck, usb connection failed message, haven’t been able to subsequently connect at all. Will let truck sit for awhile and retry later. Dealer couldn’t tell me if I got the C or D version, checked when I got home and it’s D. Not happy, as a side note the Velar they had me in as a loaner, the radio would power on, but no sound Mad . Driven Rovers for almost 20 years, and this infotainment system may be the straw that breaks the camels back when it’s time to replace.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum