Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Map Update Downloader

Just trying to download an updated map as the car is suggesting the installed map needs updating.

You do this on your PC or Mac and then transfer it into the car via a USB stick.

My issue is the updated map is 25GB in size and the Land Rover downloading tool does not give you the option of directing the download to a specific drive and my main Mac drive does not have 25GB of free space left.

So I'm stumped on how I can get this download. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Notxal on 17th Dec 2018 8:48 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I use an Apple Air and the USB stick, which I’ve put in before hand, just comes up automatically.

I wasn’t going to bother with the latest one, I can’t be Censored making it a monthly event, but after reading your post .......

• Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Update - Now tried it on a Windows laptop and the downloader does look for a USB drive with at least 25GB of free memory, so downloading on that.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

What is this Windows you speak of? Confused
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Notxal wrote:
    Update - Now tried it on a Windows laptop and the downloader does look for a USB drive with at least 25GB of free memory, so downloading on that.

t
    I was going to say stuff the mac and you'll be fine but you beat me to it..! Laughing Laughing

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Anyway, all updated and loaded onto the car.
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

It's a bit like the oil service; it was 9 hours to download, then showing 5 and now just 2h44m.... once I have successfully downloaded to the memory stick, do I just shove it into any USB slot on the car... or does it have to be the one in the armrest?

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I always use the one in the arm rest. Give it a while to to fire up and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Has to be one of the two media ports under the centre armrest. Also won’t start to update if the car is moving. Once it starts you can drive off. Just don’t switch off the ignition.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • MAC OSX
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

MY17 map updating.

I have been advised by my dealer my maps CANNOT be updated via the SD card but has to be done by the dealer. Later versions can be updated via SD card.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

That sounds to me something that should be tinkered with. After all, the SD card only contains a bunch of files and surely they aren't in a different format from what you can download on a USB stick using the downloader. Maybe the data from the USB stick could be copied to the SD card via a MAC (or a PC, whatever that is)

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Re: MY17 map updating.

MAC OSX wrote:
    I have been advised by my dealer my maps CANNOT be updated via the SD card but has to be done by the dealer. Later versions can be updated via SD card.

What SD card? It is a USB stick that you use.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Once the USB stick is inserted into the cars port, how long does it take to download to cars system

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Less than 30 minutes and you can drive off in the car once the download has actually started.
  • MAC OSX
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Re: MY17 map updating.

jimbg wrote:
    MAC OSX wrote:

What SD card? It is a USB stick that you use.

Not even got as far as usng SD Card or Stick. Due to dealers advise.

Am visiting dealer on 16th Jan.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum