Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Never seen or had that red triangle ever Labbix.
    I will ask the Mrs if she has seen it.
    All the safety functions are switched on as far as am aware- not sure if you can disable it though but still doesnt explain the beeps if that is the case ?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

here the video, let me know if it wouldn't work Wink

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCSZJBkIU...sp=sharing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Video is working fine.
    However i noticed you have just the 1 dial.
    We have both dials and the middle has the map option etc, so its possible the red triangle is alot smaller, hence may not have noticed it Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

With the crazy traffic here I get these beeps every time I use the car. Car is at the dealer now to get a new AEB module, will let you know if, after 4 months JLR try & error, the AEB works or not and if so if I get different messages/beeps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hopefully will get sorted this time round Thumbs Up
    I was told that it looks like a possible software issue which the Phase 5 may fix?

• LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

AEB - Test

Just a quick question,slightly off topic regarding faults etc.
    obviously if there's warnings etc then there's likely to be issues.
    But not sure if anyone actually tested AEB properly, I had the opportunity a while back.
    at Millbrook proving ground track with inflatable cars... Laughing
    the outcome..VERY impressive put it this way i don't reckon you can test it any other way as the distance it stopped from the obstacle was mind blowing, literally inches in some situations.

worth that chance if you ever get the opportunity to test it properly...in someone elses car..

On a lighter note it fairly well known i believe but on one manufacturers big launch of AEB the worlds motoring press had gathered..and the car ploughed into the back of a truck..the technician had disabled the AEB to perform an update.. Rolling with laughter

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Seen the one where the guy stood in front of the car and it ran over him. Swedish manufacturer I think it was. So much for health n safety. You would think they would at least double check everything is switched back on. Probably so excited though and forget to do the basic checks. Like kids in a sweet shop Laughing

• Labbix

So, AEB module was changed and no more fault issues pop up. Hopefully it’s finally fixed. The red triangle is the forward alert message, which I can select here (and has nothing to do with the AEB):

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Glad it's all fixed now.
    Unless am colour blind all I can see is a green triangle, not a red one Laughing
    Never even seen that traingle before either but that's maybe because the forward detection is sorted that it's popped up, or did you have the triangle before?
    Plus your menu is different as the AEB has got no option above it on the menu like yours has. Am sure we don't have a forward alert option. Our AEB is on the top in our menu. I gather NO FORWARD DETECTION message has also disappeared? Thumbs Up

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 22nd Sep 2018 10:26 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Labbix

The green triangle is the lane change warning. I drove the car now only 15km, but didn’t get any warnings anymore, except the red triangle of course, and as the dash was still in English it said it was the forward alert message.
    Although got the impression that phase 4 was way slower to recognize the usb’s And even when it found them it said no playable media. After some loooong minutes it did work. And the media library popped up as well, which was not there when I started the car.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I will have a play about with the settings and take a few photos later on when cars back as a comparison to your dash Thumbs Up

What I do know is that if you drift to the middle of the road, the grey road icon shows red lines to say so.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

N227 Safety Related Call.

Well I received a letter from LR yesterday dated 28/11/18.

(Not sure if its a typo, but it's arrived after 6 weeks).

Anyhow the AEB issue which is affecting 2018MY FFRR, RRS and Disco's will be solved with a software update apparently.

Fingers crossed it is, as that's only thing on the car that's not worked.

Will update once cars back.

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Seen the one where the guy stood in front of the car and it ran over him. Swedish manufacturer I think it was. So much for health n safety. You would think they would at least double check everything is switched back on. Probably so excited though and forget to do the basic checks. Like kids in a sweet shop Laughing

Did you see the one where the auto-driving Tesla ran over the robot?

No really, that's the joke.
  • Labbix

Oh well, why am I not surprised, myself and my dealer, warned JLR mid May about this for these models...

Good they finally admit and do something for all affected cars!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Just a quick update. Car now has grey and yellow bars on the infotainment system when the front camera is selected, ie the one that gives a split view of right and left, which is used when leaving the driveway. Love the feature as the gate pillars obscure other cars and pedestrians. However it's touch and go as some days there are no bars. The day there are none, the NO FORWARD DECTION AVAILABLE message pops up. Yes I have cleaned windscreen. When the bars are present though, the message is not there.
    Anyone got photos of this as was going to post them up but bars have disappeared now. Crying or Very sad

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum