Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

She just phoned back, she didn’t mean the AEB module, but the WiFi module, which here you can not buy at all...
    Regarding the AEB they want to change the front radar to see if this is giving the problem. Try&error it seems.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

The new windscreen was put in today and I mentioned to the tech, there was still ongoing issues with the AEB, and that he might have difficulty when recalibrating the cameras. (I emailed them and spoke to them over the phone about this when I made the appointment, but the message was not passed onto the tech. Just shrugged his shoulders in dismay).

Anyway he told me that he did initially manage to calibrate the cameras Shocked

However, something happened when rechecking and he plugged in his diagnostic tester which threw up an error code, and they could not be recalibrated.

He said that this should not be happening on a new car, especially an expensive one like this.

After fitting the screen, for the first time in nearly 3 weeks, I got the No Forward Detection Available message again, on the infotainment screen.

Seems like the AEB was working all that time albeit intermittently, even though the LR garage said it was not fixed.

Starting to get annoyed as payed for so called safety features which have never worked. (Cars 6 months old in just over a weeks time).

Going to speak to LR HQ and see if they can do anything about this or compensate me somehow but am not holding my breath Crying or Very sad

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Not sure why you are going to LR direct ...the motor is under warranty ..the dealer is responsible for correcting the fault. Take it back in and tell them you don't want it returned until it is fixed and you want a replacement vehicle during the process. Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Your contract of sale is with the dealer not JLR. They will just push you back to your ‘retailer’.

Threaten rejection. Speak to the dealer principal NOT the salesman.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

DG it was LR HQ who contacted me when I was having issues with the First Edition. Must have seen all my posts on the forum, as the garage was next to useless, ignoring my calls and emails. I got so fed up that I let HQ deal with it. At least they were updating me every few days. Tbh they were very good and apologetic.

If it is a software issue like they think it is, there is no guarantee as to when it's getting released, or if it will fix it. 2018 RR models are also affected, as my work colleagues Sport is also suffering from the exact same issue.

End of the day we have payed for something which doesn't work. Getting a courtesy car is still not the same as your own specced up vehicle. Already had the car for 2 weeks and ended up with damage inside and out, which wasn't there when dropped off. Hesitant to leave it there incase more damage is done. Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

simonh wrote:
    Your contract of sale is with the dealer not JLR. They will just push you back to your ‘retailer’.

Simonh, we have already rejected the FE last year when HQ got involved. Went all the way up too the top involving Dr Ralf Speth.

Yes your correct, am fully aware it's the dealer who the contract of sale is with.

I already emailed them last week with regards to rejection if it's not sorted out.

However if the dealer drags their heels, then HQ jumping in usually speeds up the process.

They prioritised our Hse Luxury build after the FE fiasco so that car was ready for March 1st pick up, which it was, as I told them I was looking at alternative brands Sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 23rd Aug 2018 10:08 pm. Edited 1 time in total

• DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Yes that's all very well and good but sometimes you have to put your boxing gloves on and force a situation even if it gives you a bit of inconvenience. Put it this way I would not stand for your circumstance for one minute Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

DG that's the only issue the car has got.

Engines running as sweet as a nut, no rattles or creaks or squeaks. No leaks, nothing touch wood. No electrical issues.

Compared to the FE it's a gem. Awaiting a response from local garage and will hold on until the software is released and installed in the car.

If it's still the same then they can keep it until it's fixed or will reject it. Censored

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    simonh wrote:

Simonh, we have already rejected the FE last year when HQ got involved. Went all the way up too the top involving Dr Ralf Speth.

Yes your correct, am fully aware it's the dealer who the contract of sale is with.

I already emailed them last week with regards to rejection if it's not sorted out.

However if the dealer drags their heels, then HQ jumping in usually speeds up the process.

They prioritised our Hse Luxury build after the FE fiasco so that car was ready for March 1st pick up, which it was, as I told them I was looking at alternative brands Sad

Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Labbix

Hi, as you know I’m in exact the same situation from day 1 I got the new MY18 HSE lux: No AEB, no front assist working and not be able to put the child seats in a correct way without having to go to the dealer to take the head rests out (and they only wanted to take the middle one out, the one which has no isofix). So am I happy with this car in this state, absolutely not. I wrote an official mail to the dealer and they are now in contact with JLR to see what they can do. As I didn’t get the car I ordered or what is advertised regarding its standard safety features I asked them to take it back or fix it ( together with a lot of other stuff that’s not working). Will keep you posted with the answer I get, but they don’t seem to be in a rush... and yes the RR sports are all affected as well as we tried the ones in the dealer when I first got my car, with exactly the same result: not working!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Just back from Halfords picking up a few connectors this morning, and I presume the AEB kicked in with 3 short beeps after the car infront stopped suddenly. I hit the brakes before the car did. It definitely was not the front parking sensors which have a different tone and only work within close proximity when an object is detected.
    (After calibrating the cameras with the new screen the guy said the AEB was now working apparently, with no errors showing up on the diagnostics).
    Anyway tried it again and never worked. Seems to be intermittantly working but not 100% reliable.
    Looks like it's an intermittant fault which is hit or miss. Sometimes on start up we get the No Forward Detection message and other days no message at all Shocked
    I suppose its like having brakes one minute and not the next. Not confidence inspiring to say the least. Rolling Eyes

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

What is the name of the dealer and location?
  • Labbix

RR, if it’s intermittent then the dealer should be able to see this when they read out your car, even with date and everything. I’m still not convinced its your AEB that kicks in, I still think it’s the ‘getting to close too fast message’: with me this is a red triangle and some loud beeps, try to pass a car but go a bit to close before you turn to overtake, then mine does this all the time, while AEB is not selectable in my car...
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Labbix, i never got the red triangle though Question
    Will consult the manual tonight
    I did say that i "presume" it was the AEB, as was not 100% sure, but any helps appreciated Thumbs Up
    This phenomenon has only occurred twice though! Shocked
    Mrs is obviously using it alot more than i am, but she has never had any warnings.

• Labbix

See picture for the red triangle, it clearly says ‘naderingsalarm’ which means ‘getting too close’. If you pm me your email I can send you the video than you can hear the 8 beeps which warn as well.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum