Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

Hi I didn't use a permanent live but a switched live when ignition switched on. The the fuse no is in the text you highlighted. There seems to be plenty of permanent live points in the fuse box, so shouldn't have any problems if that's what you want.
  • solihull
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

RSR, which fuse slot did you use for the permanent live? Saves a big hassle if someone has already found an always on spare fuse slot and piggybacked off it.

I am putting an always on dashcam in with a voltage detect switch off (switches off when battery drops below 11.6v)

Any help appreciated Thumbs Up
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

I'll check tonight and let you know Thumbs Up
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Fuse 45 for the permanent. Thumbs Up

solihull wrote:
    RSR, which fuse slot did you use for the permanent live? Saves a big hassle if someone whas already found an always on spare fuse slot and piggybacked off it.

I am putting an always on dashcam in with a voltage detect switch off (switches off when battery drops below 11.6v)

Any help appreciated Thumbs Up

• solihull
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Thanks a million Very Happy Thumbs Up
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

This hardwire kit seems to come with the fuse pass through power supply built in...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hardwire-Charger-...6YMTGR5N84

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

@maxmax i'm guessing you need 2 of those if you have a rear cam too yeah?

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I purchased 2 piggy back fuses, one for front camera, one for the rear camera, both tapped into the fuse box under the passenger glove box Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    Thanks pdes but all sorted now. Used spare fuse slot No51. As previously stated this comes live when ignition on. The fuses are micro2. Someone has put a link to a company supplying the piggyback fuse feed. ( It may even have been you) also ordered some fuses from them with postage about £9.
    On aside there dosnt appear to be a fuse removal tool in the fuse box well not in the one behind the glove box.

Just getting prepped for the arrival.

Looking at Fuse 51 then with one of these for switched feed?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-piggy-back-...SwHWtb2wIF

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Does anyone know if the OBDC port has a permanent live on the D5. Thought they are supposed to?

Andrew
  • davidls
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

I just ran the cable into the top dash board cubby and plugged into the 12v socket. Cables run up above the roof lining and then down inside the rubber door seal and is only visible between the rubber and glove box for about 15mm when the door is open. The power isn’t permanent and goes off when all power goes off.

2018 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, Black Roof Rails, 21” 9 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Detachable Towbar, Air Ioniser, Side Steps
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I did mine basically the same way apart from hiding the wire totally.

Could do with knowing what peps did for the rear camera? I can get it to the rear, but I need to get it plumbed in to the living tailgate.
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 

I still can't believe that recording cameras aren't an option on modern cars when so many people want them fitting?!?! It "re-annoys" me every time I have to fiddle around trying to fit one after a vehicle change.

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

chaos_theory wrote:
    Does anyone know if the OBDC port has a permanent live on the D5. Thought they are supposed to?

Yes it will have live on ODB port. All cars with OBD2 need to have it to power devices being plugged into OBD and read voltage etc.
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 

Cool, thanks. That's what I thought.

So my plan is to use a smart switch (from Halfords) off the permanent live in the ODB2 so that the Blackvue works in parking mode and I can easily disconnect it so LR can't claim warranty is invalidated in case of any electrical problems.

Slightly concerned no one else seems to be doing this as it seemed to be the obvious answer. Usually this means I have forgotten something important...

Andrew
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum