Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

The dealer did the 18C and ACP at the same time. I was having major audio issues and connectivity issues with the USB media ports. Power intermittent, not ‘seeing’ phones randomly and sometimes the whole system would just go black and restart.

Now seems pretty good but has a few issues launching ACP at times even though the icons appear on the Home screen and ACP only actually appearing if a phone call or message comes in. Once finished on a call or I’ve dismissed the message it would go back to the LR screen. Disconnecting and reconnecting the phone and it would work again for a while.

Looks like these are addressed in 18D though which Winger just posted had been released.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Does anybody have Android Auto displayed 'widescreen' as shown in the image?....

Image from here:
    https://www.androidheadlines.com/2018/09/r...odels.html
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

No! But I want that!

I wonder if that's a preview of a beta?

I have enabled developer settings and increased the available resolutions to both 720 and 1080 in my app but still have about an inch of blank space on either side. I believe it's an Android Auto limitation rather than an ICTP limitation but I could be wrong....
  • eelpout
    United States 

Trevorb1 wrote:
    My 18MY got updated last week for free, just had a look at Android Auto, glad I didnt pay for it, what a waste of time, looks awful. Wont be using again.

My experience with Android Auto is it's great when I have a rental that otherwise wouldn't have any in-dash navigation, otherwise, it seems a bit Playskool. Wink

Anyone in the U.S. manage to get 18C or 18D out of their dealer without a lot of hassle? Mine is quite reluctant to do any upgrades, even though I have a '17 that's quite out of date at this point.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Mine was free, no hassle (18C). I told them I was having laggy response to input, it occasionally locked up, and occasionally disconnected my phone from Bluetooth, all of which are true. Treated as a warranty issue and they applied the update.
  • eelpout
    United States 

FYI. I got my update, with Smartphone Pack, for my MY '17 for free. Told them I had performance issues, which is totally true.

If you're on the S18D thread, you may have read that since the upgraded I have Bluetooth issues: the phone side flat out doesn't work on any iOS, Android or Windows Mobile device for me. CarPlay phone audio works on iOS (since it's via cable) and oddly enough Android Auto does force audio source streaming to work over Bluetooth, but the BT phone side is still a no-go. I get no text messaging support either, I assume because of the phone problems.

I've decided I'll wait for this year's 19A software to come out before going back to the dealer to address this. I'll likely ask them to do a full reset to factory settings when doing so (which they didn't do this last time). Obviously something went wrong in their 5 hour upgrade from stock '17 software to S18D (which I think they said was 3 or 4 patches).
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Can finally use in widescreen:

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/post20948.html#20948

R.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    Can finally use in widescreen:

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/post20948.html#20948

R.

one thing I'll say about the resolution hack is, depending on the car, some of the apps don't work so well. for instance Waze, at I think it was at 720P, part of the "hamburger menu" was missing on an F-Pace I rented. so know that things may not be straightforward.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum