Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stevegbxpp
    United Kingdom 

Live taffic update not available

Have had my MY18 HSE for a year now. Until recently live traffic udates was always shown. However, since about 4 weeks ago I always get the message 'traffic info is not available'. Also I cannot get online with the web browser (not that I normally use this) so it seems to have lost internet access. I assumed that my sim card had run out of data and bought a new one, but this has not cured the problem. I told my dealer about this when the car went for its annual service last week and they said that this is something that will be cured in the new software update when it is available, at which point it will have to go back again to be loaded. Mad
    It seems strange to me that it always did work until recently then suddenly dropped off. Would this be a software issue? if so why has it not been there all along?
    Any one else had this? Any other suggestions what the problem could be?
    Thanks
    Steve
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have had no trouble with live traffic but the journey details have all been straight lines recently, this morning they seem to be sorted.

There were problems at one time with the SIm card "holders" and they needed to be swapped out.
  • stevegbxpp
    United Kingdom 

Thanks JMBG

The sim card holder may make sense, however I do have the signal bars and 4g symbol. Strange eh?

Cheers

Steve
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

That is strange, and you are sure all the settings are Ok?
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

If you have the signal and 4g symbols but no access to live traffic or internet etc, just make sure your new sim is registered - some need to be, and that caught me out. Some can be done over internet and others allow access via the car to the networks own site just to register - then full access is available.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

jimbg wrote:
    I have had no trouble with live traffic but the journey details have all been straight lines recently, this morning they seem to be sorted.

There were problems at one time with the SIm card "holders" and they needed to be swapped out.

FYI - Journeys uses the embedded SIM not your own data SIM. Your own data SIM is for Live Services.

One thing I found was the car randomly logs out of Live Services so even though the car shows signal etc you can't connect. Worth checking.

Also as said, check the SIM has been activated. For Three you need to sign up to a My Three account with your SIM details and set it up.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Did not know that about journeys. Thumbs Up
  • stevegbxpp
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Guys

I'll check all of these things

Steve
  • stevegbxpp
    United Kingdom 

Just an update to this saga for anyone interested. Yesterday it went to the dealers for the software update which they were adamant was the cause of the problem. However after getting the master tech on the case to LR tech support, it needed a new Telematics control unit (whatever that is).
    All good now thanks for the help
    Steve
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum