Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jamesbaly
    United Kingdom 

Re-activate rear windows in D5 Commercial?

Any ideas on how to re-activate the rear windows. I'd really like to give the dogs some air!
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Use remote start and set climate control if you aren't in the car?

What do police dog vans have that allows temperature control?

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Re: Re-activate rear windows in D5 Commercial?

jamesbaly wrote:
    Any ideas on how to re-activate the rear windows. I'd really like to give the dogs some air!

This will be a fairly difficult task as the window modules/motors are all disabled (wiring etc). Also the car configuration will have it disabled so you cannot just activate it by plugging everything in.
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

jamesbaly wrote:

I have seen vehicles left parked up with a full dog cage fitted where the tailgate has been left wide open but I assume the other doors locked? Plenty of air but a risk of dog theft I guess.

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

MalithS wrote:
    jamesbaly wrote:

This will be a fairly difficult task as the window modules/motors are all disabled (wiring etc). Also the car configuration will have it disabled so you cannot just activate it by plugging everything in.

Others have done it and they did not need reactivating.
    Strip rear door cards off and find motor wiring plug, this is normally filled with silicon type selant, clean this out, not sure if the loom from the plug to the door B post is there or if you have to get that
    I believe you also have to put new relays back in as these are removed. There was also a post where this had been done and there is a plastic trim over the switch pack on the drivers door, if you remove the trim you will find all four switches are in place

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • iainks123
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

jamesbaly wrote:

I know someone who had it done at Urban as part of a full make over might be worth contacting them for a quote although I wouldn't imagine they will be cheap..
  • haybob
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Loire Blue

£1500 to have them activated at Urban!

I do find their stuff rather expensive. £3500 + Vat for a Scot seat conversion
  • cormacr
    Ireland 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

I’ve been working to activate the rear windows in my commercial.
    The first thing I did was I cut out the back plastic panels using a Stanley knife, the plastic is quite thin so it’s easy enough to cut just along the corner inside the glass.

I took the door card off to make it easier and I then looked to see if the window motor and wiring was there. Everything’s there, they’ve just filled the electrical connection with sealant of some sort. The cable is tie wrapped out of the way.

I cleared out the sealant using a knife and a Dremel grinder with a wire brush fitted and then fitted the cable.

Next step is to get a new window switch for the drivers door with the four window switches.
    Has anyone done this already and did it work ok? Even having the black plastic removed from the windows makes a huge difference when I’m reversing the horse box. I’m based in Ireland and the testing of commercial vehicles does not call removing the covering out as an issue.
  • PaulElsdon
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Corris Grey

Did you every manage to get the back window working?
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

I got our commercial converted, The rear windows can work even when ignition off which makes me think they have just tapped into a permanent live somewhere. There was no option at time to change switches on the drivers door.

SMC automotive done conversion.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum