Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I appreciate the problem will likely be all too close to home but I've just gone onto the route planner site and registered but every time I attempt to add my car and input the Vin Number, I hit the confirm car details and, nothing happens other than it tells me I have a connected vehicle. Then when I then go to Maps it tells me I have no vehicle added to my account. Any help to tell me what I'm doing wrong would be welcomed. Thanks in advance Steve

Hse Lux SDV6
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Probably needs the dealership to remove the previous owner from the electronic records so you can then add your own?
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Ah!. Thanks Dave Will ask them. It allows me access to incontrol stuff but never done the map side of things so far.

Hse Lux SDV6
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Success

Thanks for all your guidance...the update has been successful.

In case others might experience non standard responses when doing this for the first time I would add two or three observations or reasons why I got confused!

Firstly there are several Landrover links that come up from a google search “ Discovery map upgrades” that are either obsolete or not relevant to Discovery. They refer to using an SD card not a memory stick and the process of using it is different. The link that Jimbg posted above is the right one.

Secondly, the updater software that you have to download is flakey. It can take several clicks to get it to do anything and it can frequently come up with a different error messages.

Thirdly, not all computers are equal. A 32gb memory stick on my laptop wasn’t enough space for the 28.8gb download. The same memory stick on my desktop was ok. So I didn’t need to buy the 64gb stick ...which of course did work on the laptop. The requirement for Windows 7 or later wasn’t true. My old desktop is still on XP...and that worked fine.

Don’t you love computers?
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

just did mine took about 75 mins to load to the USB and about ten mins to transfer to the vehicle. North America map only. Will try it out later this week

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • mack1979
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The downloader tool just keeps showing my USB key (brand new 128GB) with big red text saying "use only FAT32 formatted USB sticks".

That's obviously the default. I have tried formatting as NTFS and back as FAT32 (well, Windows 10 uses exFAT, but the tool also has a "format" button although the tool instantly closes when I select this. Anyone else got round this?

New D5 HSE 3l SD6 MY20. Black and all the black options!
    Old: (sold) D4 MY11 3.0l SDV6 (black obviously)
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

exFAT doesn't work with the downloader only FAT32 works but Windows won't format anything above 32 GB as FAT32.

Use thIs http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm to format your USB drive to FAT32 before downloading the maps.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • mack1979
    United Kingdom 

I figured that might be it so power shell is currently formatting it to fat32. Thanks, gives me more comfort that it will work once complete.

• mack1979
    United Kingdom 

Brilliant, even PowerShell won't let you format a drive > 32GB to FAT32. Found this utility online which worked instantly. It's free but suggests donations if useful. I'm not affiliated in any way. Just found it on google and it seems to have worked for me.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Using the LR downloader it insisted my 64gb stick needed formatting befor proceeding.....twice it said the stick was not compatible after completing its format.

I then formatted it on Windows and retried....it still insisted it needed to format the stick itself, but this time it proceeded to download. I wondered if the LR format feature doesn’t remove all footprints on the stick (eg memory card software?) which then interferes? Or maybe it’s just normal LR technology that needs several goes to work.
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

USB Formatting

The software that I use to format usb's to FAT32 irrespective of the device size is called AOMEI Partition Assistant. It does much much more, but it will easily format a USB to whatever format required. Just be careful to choose the correct device to format Exclamation
  • Caesi
    United Kingdom 

Along the line of this thread: I am getting a second had 18' plate delivered (not LR dealership)
    But I have been advised I need to install the SD card and sat nav myself.
    Everywhere I read that it can only be a LR approved SD card with the maps on it and i cannot be just a normal SD card to be put into the SD card slot in the car.

Anyone else has come across that?

thank you
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

It depends which SD card they are referring to.
    I have a 17 plate model and I had to get a ‘standard’ 8gb payg Data SD card (located under the centre armrest) to enable me to have live navigation updates on the road, as well as internet access for other purposes.
    But my vehicle came with the sat nav operational. Map updates needed to be done by downloading them onto a memory stick on a PC and using the usb socket (below the same armrest)

It maybe the vendor is referring to the need to register the car with your details to enable you to set up a LR account to use remote access features, ?

This may be what you are looking for…..
    https://jaguarlandrover.ubigi.com/assistan...-i-use-it/
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I don't think any D5 uses SD cards at all.

They use a SIM card to connect to the internet and a usb stick for map updates but mine certainly doesn't have any SD card slots.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum