Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

My car seems to have been activated now (not requested) and downloaded and installed new software today. Seems fine.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 

Oh, and the file size was shown as 250MB or thereabouts.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

mine is showig on TOPIX as with an outstanding software update to allow OTA updates...not taking it to dealer just for that though

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

They can enable it remotely I think - mine did for my Velar.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

you just contact the dealer and ask them to activate?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

As far as I know. When my Velar was being prepped the back end system was down at LR and they were not able to even update the IMS software yet alone activate SOTA.

They kept checking and after it came back online (well the SOTA activation at least) they enabled it. My car has never been back to the workshop.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

it may of course be different for a newer model...mine is 2017 D5. Took them over a day to update the software when it went from original to the current version back in January 2019

• dazadd
    United Kingdom 

Gents,

I have the 4 option home screen so I know my software is not the latest, how do I check what software version is installed, I don't have an update tab on the current set up. It's going to the dealers on wednesday to have various bits fitted and checked and I want to get the software updated at the same time, fore armed and all that.....

Disco3/4.com member since 2006.
    1 x D3, 4x D4's & the D5- All gone, Defender 110 is now here.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

suggest telling them it freezes or is slow to boot up etc, otherwsie they tend to find an excuse not to update the software....

think mine took 8 hours when they did it. (I was on the original 2017 software)

• Chopsy
    United Kingdom 

Had email from Land Rover today reminding me to use OTA software updates. First I've had. Must be something new as my OTA updates were only switched on recently.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • Labbix

Wonder if now ALL cars can have these OTA, see below for the WIFI remarks. Although being a MY18 lux my market doesn’t have the sim-card nor connectivity features, but does emit a WiFi signal which you could not connect to, maybe until now...
    >>
    SOTA
    Improved SOTA screens
    New notification icon for SOTA Update Pending
    With the WI-FI change below, SOTA will be available for all InControl Touch Pro Vehicles with this software
    WI-FI
    Systems that were previously unable to connect to Wi-Fi can now do so, this enables SOTA for these vehicles
  • BruceT
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Fuji White

im not the most technical with regards to this topic so excuse me, but can tell you that my MY17 HSE was updated from the old software (4 buttons/blocks) to the new (3 buttons/blocks) on Friday last week. It now has 19B .... software on it. (I can check the exact number if someone requires)

They have activated the wifi connect function for updates, which i have connected to my house's wifi, as well as ACP and Android. Not exactly sure what else has been done. (ive only had the car two weeks and still learning it)

I do not have the SIM slot.

I dropped the car off at around 8am and it was ready to collect after being cleaned by about 1 pm. I was told by the dealership that there was a "note or instruction" on my car from LR saying it had to have a software update so it didn't cost me anything.

Only issue I currently have is with the route planner app telling me it cant find vehicle and I need to sign in to my in-car system and turn on the setting that saves its location......have no idea how to do this and if it is even possible.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

ahh, the route planner app...mine insists my car is still parked in a location it was parked in about 8 months ago, so I can't use the app to send routes to the car since it tells me I have to walk 100 miles to get to the car first!

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum