Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

iOS 13 and new version of Carplay

Just downloading iOS 13 and it will be interesting to see the changes to Apple Carplay.
  • Labbix

Curious too, but they told me to wait until next week when IOS13.1 will be out as 13 is apparently still full of bugs, and even 13.1 will be as this years update seems to be not fully ready although had to be released...
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

iOS 13 works fine so far. Current public beta of iPad OS 13.1 also.

iOS 13.1 is a feature update primarily.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

iOS 13 running well here, I like the new car play too.

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • PaulP
    Spain 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I've been using S19B for a couple of weeks now with iOS 13.1 installed.

I must say that although the idea of the dashboard etc is great, I find that the new colours used by CarPaly in the 13.1 update are bloody awful.

Why have they changed the black background to light grey? At night time now the display is far too bright. So much that I just can't use CarPlay at night any more. If I turn the brightness down enough to make it useable, then the instrument TFT and buttons are almost completely blacked out.

I find it so annoying that I'm wondering why nobody else has complained about it yet? Embarassed

If I plug in an old iPhone 6 then the old style CarPlay with it's black background is great and perfectly useable at night time.

Also.... why does CarPlay not use the whole screen? There is a 2-3mm gap at the top and bottom, but around a 5-7mm gap on each side which looks strange (and very visible with the new grey background).

Is there a reason for not going full screen?
  • pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Yes, lots of bugs, but my iOS 13.1 worked perfect with no wifi or bluetooth problems until... I upgraded to 13.1.2 and then got all the problems they had made the upgrade to get rid of.... No Wifi, bluetooth or not even able to get on the internet via mobile provider. And since I couldn't access the net at all I couldn't reset the phone either - because the "find my phone" needs to be switched off and since no internet I wasn't able to confirm that I owned the phone - it couldn't confirm my apple account... I was stuck!

After three days a genius at apple support found out it was VPN that was in the way. Turn that off and back in business. Thumbs Up

MY 2019 Fuji White SDV6 HSE Luxury with Dynamic 2, 360 cam, Head Up, 5011 gloss black 22", Pimento pinstriped black leather...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum