Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Call your dealer as their TOPIx system allows them to see its status as well as activate it. It can be done remotely too... mine was.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • bammmy

Thank you everyone for your comments. I have just tried again and still showing as up to date, even though it isn’t, I have also spoken to my dealer who confirmed the OTA is on my vehicle. Anyway it’s booked in for next week unless something crops up in the meantime .
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I just got 19B here in the US of A, and dealer noted that it could be used for updating "numerous vehicle modules" at a "later date." I had thought it was only for Infotainment updates, but he confirmed it could be used for others. I asked which ones, and he said something to the effect of, "some but not all," which to me means Land Rover haven't told him yet.
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Our 2017 model was updated to S19A_19.11.4-330884 infotainment software in June. This had the SOTA screen but despite several manual checks over the past 3 months for an OTA update via settings the software was apparently up to date.

Contacted the dealer yesterday to check if our vehicle SOTA could be activated by them and was told I had to take the car to them for activation.

Returned to car that afternoon to find a message on the screen that a new update was available. Now updated to S19B_19.35.5-418001.

Huge coincidence or did the dealer manage to activate the system remotely without telling me?

May never know but perhaps lends weight to the view that 2017+ models OTA updates can be triggered if they already have the newer software already installed without a trip to the dealer.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I experienced something similar.
    I had been religiously checking for an update, since persons here suggested S19B was out, and nothing,
    Then I called my dealer to check SOTA had been enabled, which was the reason my car was last at the dealer as they had to apply something like a N347 update.
    They then seemed to reactivate SOTA, whilst on the phone to me whilst I was sat in my vehicle, and immediately up pops that I’ve the update, hurrah!
    It then took approx 40mins to download and it’s now all is reasonably.
    Interestingly CarPlay had issues initially, in that pressing the voice button on the steering wheel, or saying “hey Siri” it wouldn’t chime but sort of worked.
    However after a couple of days, CarPlay now works correctly?!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Big Al, am I right in assuming you had carplay installed previously, or was it part of the complimentary smartphone upgrade you have just had with the 19B upgrade?

Am still confused, as my dealer is adamant that carplay is chargeable, as am getting conflicting answers.

Can anyone tell me if carplay is automatically included and installed after the 19B update, or can you download it after the SOTA has been activated? Thumbs Up

Will have a look over the weekend when I have more time, as initially I didnt see anything, on the day we got the update done.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 10th Oct 2019 10:10 am. Edited 2 times in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

CarPlay was provided FOC last year because of all the issues experienced with the native phone support over Bluetooth which kept locking up, crashing and just not being reliable.
    I had mentioned those magic words “not fit for purpose” and suddenly CarPlay was enabled.

Slowly (very slowly,) LR is learning how to produce robust software, but haven’t yet appreciated that it’s the software that lets down the vehicle. LR need to ensure their software is bulletproof, as all the issues we experience are still non trivial which when trying to poach BMW, Audi and Merc customers over to the brand, they are less forgiving than us hardened (but often frustrated!) LR owners.
    One might hope that LR can spell regression testing, and hopefully soon deploy such to ensure their software is bug free and robust.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ah ok, thanks. Have told the garage at least 3 times now with regards to the infotainment locking up. bluetooth issues, map not letting you input data, and no music, but still want me to fork out £200 for the carplay. System has a melt down and freezes randomly, like when the reverse camera doesnt come on. Very frustrating as you get used to using the cameras. Issues only started after the first software update, as everything was fine initially.

I totally agree, with regards to the software issues, if they sorted them out. Apart from that the cars been running perfectly.

As we are in London and Birmingham during the October break, I need the Sat Nav to be working, as that's the last place I want to get lost Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

It’s obviously not operating as “fit for purpose” therefore insist on remuneration for the lack of functionality, or give them the opportunity to resolve such in any means possible.

Explain in certain terms that if the reverse cameras or reversing beeps fail to function and you hit something that you’ll hold them liable.

I spend a considerable period of time in my vehicle, it’s my mobile office, therefore if the SatNav fails and/or the phone system does work this has an impact upon my ability to work. As such every time these events happened I immediately complained to my dealership who ultimately resolved such in a t8mely fashion.

Alas not all dealerships are so customer focussed, and these don’t deserve our custom, which ultimately affects LR sales!
  • John77
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White

May make a difference as to which version you are on now.
    I was on S19A_19.24.2-375121 did not have CarPlay on that version.
    Got the dealer to do the their Topix activation and I then could download and install the S19B which included CarPlay. All for free.

MY19 HSE SDV6 Fuji White - roof rails + bars, privacy glass, HUD, adaptive LED, deployable tow bar, 360º cameras, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

John77, it's on 19B, as I checked when I got the car home. Will take another photo over the weekend.

I did wonder if maybe there was 2 versions of the 19B and maybe the dealer was using the older version, hence the issue about paying for carplay?

That's the confusing issue, as if it's free and included with the update, which I assumed it was, then why are the garage insisting on charging for it, which I assume has to be added separately if that's the case?

Still awaiting for a reply from the dealer after i sent them whats included in the 19B upgrade.

Its becoming a farce tbh. I don't have time to be doing their work for them and ping ponging emails. Surely they should be briefed on what the new update entails.

Like I posted earlier, it seems that the dealers are the last to know as its plastered all over Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I think the staff should be looking at Topix to see what the latest updates are, and what it includes, instead of the blind leading the blind so to speak.

Week before last I went in and was told that they did not think 19B was even out yet Rolling Eyes

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Road Runner, it's down to the dealership personnel, the N377 released in topix clearly tells dealer what is involved, clearly they don't pass the info down through there system. If they read the full text of the update it clearly states that Apple Carplay and Android auto are included Foc as part of the update. If you've now got the 3 tile home screen instead of the original 4 tile, if swipe left you should see a screen with a number of applications, there should be 2 tiles, one for Apple and one for Android.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • bammmy

Hi,
    Following on I politely asked to check if my facility to use SOTA was definitely switched on, they checked and miraculously it is now working. I have down loaded 19B-19.35.5-418001 via 4g off my iPhone and it has now downloaded.
    Mark
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks Trevorb1 Thumbs Up

Tbh I only swiped right. Maybe thats why I never noticed it. (Will try swiping left tomorrow).

However, as I said, could not see anything related to apple carplay.

Went from the 4 tiles, to the 3 tiles after the last update, several months back.

Had a quick root around when I picked the car up.
    Did notice the background was white after the current update, instead of black. TV setup was a bit different too. Checked the sat nav and bluetooth connectivity and reverse camera, which were all giving issues previously.

Will see tomorrow if it's there Thumbs Up

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Just reading my emails now, and this is the reply from the dealer this afternoon. Aaaarrrggghhh Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum