Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I was "done" when i bought it...

Back to subject, i think 18D, whatever they installed in January 2019 with the freebie smartphone pack

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • eelpout
    United States 

sigh, going round and round with my dealer. they say I need to bring the car into them for service "for the new campaign" (they keep calling it that) that involves OTA software updates. I keep telling them my car can already receive them as I'm S19A, but they insist it won't work without them doing it manually to S19B first. Sad
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Just had an email from Digital Experience Coordinator - Customer Experience Centre - Jaguar Land Rover to say that they are bringing my vehicle in "where the retailer will ensure that the N347 update has been completed and will look to also update your vehicle to the 19B software on this date"
    Hmmph roll on 15th Nov then we'll see

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Interesting, just received an email from JLR saying "we notice you havent activated the software update system in your Land Rover blah balh...."

Umm, since I am on 18D, I believe I cannot activate the updates myself, they have to swtich it on (TOPIX lists the activation of SOTA as outstanding).

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

I also received the email and now my car is updating to 19b from 19a - it wouldn't do this previously.
  • marvin
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Corris Grey

I’ve also had this email (on 18D). Haven’t tried yet but previously I could NOT update. Can anyone else confirm they can now update?

I even finally got the car booked in next week for the dealer to do it!
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Mine updated to 19a by SOTA in Sept, but despite others getting 19b, mine just kept telling me it was up to date. I was hoping this was due to a gradual rollout.

Today I got an email saying 19b was available. Checked car and it showed as ready to download. All done now and seems fine. Clearly rolled out in batches (of chassis numbers perhaps).
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Oh, and car play and android auto have been added.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Wait forever for an upgrade then one comes along unannounced !

• bammmy

BIG AL

Did you get an email, as I have, or did it pop up on your screen?

Mark
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

No email, I wouldn’t have expected anything less, it just popped up on the screen and I deferred it until the end of my journey (home) where it took what seemed like forever ~45mins.

I checked after it completed and allowed it to continue after car shutdown and guess the next time that I see it that it’s completely installed.

I checked on Ovalnews.com but nothing! It’s good to talk!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Is that an update to a later version of 19B or were you on something earlier such as 19A?
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

It was previously the version shown in Ovalnews.com S19B_19.35..... now it’s S19B_19.40.....
  • The Boss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

If my experience is anything to go by, I don't think LR have any idea what is happening!

I had a 'discussion' at the stealer when mine was in for a regular service just over a fortnight ago where they told me that SOTA wasn't available on my vehicle even though the VIN was in the range in scope for the N347 update to enable it. Then when the 'Master Technician' was summoned, he finally admitted that they HAD tried twice to use SOTA to upgrade to 19B but it failed both times.

They then asked LR to 'push' the upgrade to the vehicle and it too failed. They then said they would need 8-9 hours for the upgrade as it has the rear entertainment, so could I leave it with them? Censored I couldn't leave the car so another trip to the stealers was on the cards.

The following day, I received the pop-up saying an upgrade was available, so I went ahead and downloaded over 4G (which took about 1 hour) and then installed (again about 45-60 minutes or so). All went well and it is now on 19B!

Then today I have received the email to say that I "haven't activated the software update system" and an update is available Rolling Eyes

This really shouldn't be too hard but LR are certainly doing their best Laughing

On the plus side, 19B does seem like an improvement from a performance viewpoint!!
  • bammmy

Just downloaded via 4g , took 10 mins👍

Last edited by bammmy on 6th Nov 2019 6:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum