Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

When I updated mine earlier in the week, I did it over 4g whilst travelling, and it downloaded and installed in 35 mins. Just the vehicle shutdown and restart required after that.

Agree a progress bar for first two stages would be good. You do start to think it has seized up.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Ok, not a statistical sampling, but noticed after update the back up camera displayed in full pro view immediately after running into the spirits store after the truck being off for probably 5 minutes and restarting. Previously I would get the “slim” version before icontrol fully booted. If this continues, won’t make me quite as angry when I think about how the wife’s Audi behaves in comparison.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

well, tried the update twice on WIFI, after over 20 mins each time I gave up. Next time out I tried it on 4G and it downloaded in about 20 mins.

Main thing I have noticed is the NAV keyboard now shows letters and a seperate keyboard of numbers, before had to toggle between the 2.

The reversing cam still appears as about 75% of the screen on start up rather than full screen and the Oval and "touch screen" takes about 300-400m down the road before it clears so as can access radio etc. Sort of hoped it would boot up quicker after this update. It does appear to move between menu's quicker I think once actually started up.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

TechnoTurkey wrote:
    Mine is still on 19A and says no update available Sad

Mine said that while on 3G, then I connected to the home WiFi and it told me an update was available. It claims to be downloading, but 10 mins in and not a lot is happening...

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 

TechnoTurkey wrote:

Mine said that while on 3G, then I connected to the home WiFi and it told me an update was available. It claims to be downloading, but 10 mins in and not a lot is happening...

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 

TechnoTurkey wrote:

• DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Had my 1st ota 19B today ...anyone know what the official differences are?
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

only difference I have noted is the NAV keyboard is different (shows letters and numbers now) and the position of the wheels is working again in 4x4 info

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The 4x4 info screen also seems to be fixed - the issue with suspension travel not being displayed after previous update.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

will test over the weekend, but I sudden;y seem to have full sized camera screen on start up and much quicker boot up of the system (still can't clear the Green Oval screen before driving off though, no set a destination in SATNAV until 2 mins down the road) I have yet to see if this improvement is all the time or purely due to the timed climate waking the computer up prior to my starting the car in the morning

• Szwedu
    Poland 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Namib Orange

Hello, do you hear popping sounds when playing music - especially after connecting Iphone?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

That was a bug and is supposed to be fixed on the latest software, are you up to date?
  • Szwedu
    Poland 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Namib Orange

I have latest vesion of software
  • PaulP
    Spain 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

jimbg wrote:
    That was a bug and is supposed to be fixed on the latest software, are you up to date?

I had popping sounds in my speakers when listening to music or when the parking sensors activated. This was on S18A.

Since it was updated to S19B, it has been fixed completely for me.
  • eelpout
    United States 

DG wrote:
    Had my 1st ota 19B today ...anyone know what the official differences are?

check Oval News. they usually post the changes eventually (and yes 19B is now there)..
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum