Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Data useage

Chaps. I had 24Gb sim (3 network, 24Gb 24 month Sim) installed, and yesterday got message that mobile data usage limit exceeded. (Sim been installed about 15 months) Checked settings and I hadn’t set a useage limit. This morning I inserted a new 24Gb sim and still getting the same message. Any ideas?

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

A lot of people are reporting the same on Facebook. Mine started doing it yesterday.

It seems to be a network problem. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Folk on the Velar forum in the UK, Germany, US are seeing the same since yesterday. Some are running IMC v19C and others 20A. Seems to have coincided with the ‘Stay Safe’ splash screen disappearing the other day. But that maybe a coincidence only as 19C didn’t display this.

Re networks, some are on personal AT&T contracts in the US, in Germany reports about Vodfone, and UK on Three and Ubigi (the LR supplied SIM).

All very annoying having the wanting pop up every time the car tries to use data services.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

same here, error message yesterday and the car has barely moved in the last few weeks, so don't think i've actually used much data.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Have only made one journey recently and message " getting traffic info" then saying no traffic info followed by the " getting traffic info" in a repeated cycle.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

In which case I might put the original sim back in. Is there a way of telling how much data has been used/ consumed ?

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Yes, on the 3 network, connect to mobile data in the car then use the car's web browser to go to www.three.co.uk/my3

However, that web page was also not working yesterday 🙄

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

so still getting the error - checked and I have only used 3GB out of the 24Gb I have on the sim.

So any idea how/when the issue will be fixed?

Al

• Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

I have had the same, looks look problems at the LR Server end, their tech is hopeless.
    I have checked the SiM and it has plenty of data on it.

This only seems to affect LR controlled apps, if you use the Browser to connect to BBC or other sites it is fine.

Its not you, its crap LR... I also have to re log in to the nav every time I start the car, the new 20update is even worse with parking sensors popping and crackling every time I select reverse.

You wouldn't get this is a £75K Audi or BMW or a 40k Volvo

2019 HSE LUX
  • Hessel
    England 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Had email from JLR this morning. It’s a known issue around the world with all JLR vehicles.LR support emailed me the following:

"Our Technical Team have identified a concern which is providing incorrect information about data usage in customer's infotainment systems. They are currently working on resolving this issue as soon as possible."
    Whistle Whistle
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Data Usage Message

Glad to see that I am not the only one getting this message wrt Data Limit Reached over the last few days. Think I have only done about 20 miles in the last few weeks so not used any Mobile data to speak of. I removed the Ubigi SIM and fitted a spare 3 Sim and got the same error, so replaced the Ubigi and now waiting for LR Network / Server team to sort out this issue (Also got an error message when I connected to InControl (Messages reads - `Fault is at Our End' - nice to know).
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Me too. Couldn’t understand it. I downloaded the 3 app, on an iPad, popped the car sim into it and registered. I looked at adding some data, but it was expensive. Anyway, bottom line was I’d plenty of gb left.

I’d ordered a new 3, 24gb sim, arrived today, might send it back as not opened. Got it from Amazon.

• Hessel
    England 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Update: Its now fixed and working again👍
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

I had this message display on Saturday morning. I turned mobile data off then back on and not had it since
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

yes, message seemed to have gone when I was out yesterday

Al

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum