Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MURPHY108
    United Kingdom 

Mine updated a week ago , initially there was no media available after the update but since then has been fine. Even better I can now browse music via Bluetooth on my iPhone which had never worked since it updated to iOS13
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I just got another update...will have to check to see what it was. I was on 20C.

EDIT: version installed today was S20B1_20.30.2-578440
  • Worcestersauce
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

My 2017 just been in for service today, I asked Service dept if they could update software to latest version (mines currently on 1Cool. They asked if i have rear screens, which i do and the subsequent response is i wouldn't update if i was you, we have loads of issues updating HSE lux models.
    This seems crazy to me, the cars 3 years old and they can't reliably update the software, is this a common experience for others?
  • Worcestersauce
    United Kingdom 

damn emojis! mines currently on eighteen
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Another Dealer that in my opinion doesn't want to do it.

I have a 2017 HSE Lux with RSE and all the updates have worked perfectly.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

if its on 18 I think it can only be done by a dealer, its only the latter version that over the air updates. In answer to your question, no they cannot reliably issue a software update. They usually break something different with each update. The shock absorber position in 4x4 info hasn't worked since software 18, even on 20B1 that latest that still doesn't work.

You will very quickly find out, the Sinclair ZX81 had more reliable software than the Disco5.....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

While I agree that they seem to break something else with each release, my 4x4 info works fine, BUT only when I am in low-range!!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

ooo I'll have a look at that later on, not been in Low Range for months

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Sw1gs
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

Worcestersauce wrote:
    My 2017 just been in for service today, I asked Service dept if they could update software to latest version (mines currently on 1Cool. They asked if i have rear screens, which i do and the subsequent response is i wouldn't update if i was you, we have loads of issues updating HSE lux models.
    This seems crazy to me, the cars 3 years old and they can't reliably update the software, is this a common experience for others?

Mine is a MY17 HSE Lux which was updated a year ago and now receives ota updates without a problem! I do remember about a year ago, there was a debate around payment as S18 also gave Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. However, the way most of us got this was due to a number of software relayed issues, we needed the upgrade to sort and that included Apple airplay - most dealers were supportive but there were a few that tried it on with forum members. Just find another dealer - I’m on my 3rd dealer in 3 years and found that even different garages within the same dealership network offer varsely different levels of service and capability - it really is down to the chief tech and his / her team in each garage!
  • Ronbo
    United States 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I also have a 2017 Lux fully equipped. It was a manager’s car I bought last year with 8000 miles. I took it in 3 weeks ago for the 16000 maintenance. The main complaint was the Infotainment screen goes black before rebooting. The service adviser said they did a software update. It was 18B before and remains 18B after the service. On the way home the screen crashed, again.

Now I’m told they can’t update my car. From what I read on this forum that’s nonsense. I have an invite to call the GM if I have a problem with their service. This dealer appears very busy on Long Island’s North Shore and may be overwhelmed. Next week I plan to call and get some answers.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

@Ronbo They told you they can't update your car, or won't update your car? Technology or policy?

The issues with RSE were resolved quite a while ago, I believe, but it does take a few steps. Worth paying for a day's access to Topix to download all the TSBs, especially if it was previously owned. One would expect the dealer would have kept up to date on a manager's demo but in a high volume market who knows.
  • Worcestersauce
    United Kingdom 

I spoke to them again yesterday and told them that I want it done as don't want to be driving a car that has software 3 years out of date, its booked in for a weeks time, They have requested i leave it with them for 2 days, they're obviously expecting issues! I will keep you posted.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

4 tile to 3 tile update takes a very long time, when mine was done in 2019, they said they needed it over night just to do the update.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

My dealership said they needed it overnight simply to check it worked after being locked overnight as it could be glitchy.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

For those that are interested, the 4x4 info DOES work even in high range. I tested it yesterday, and it was working fine.

Here is a picture:

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum