Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RichardF
    United Kingdom 

I'm using the Dare To Be Different 140L

MY2020 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Eiger grey, Dynamic Pack, Tech pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Electrically deployable towbar, Center console coolbox
  • Mark^^
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Winter in Australia

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Was that south of Canberra? We could see the snow at the top of some mountains from Commonwealth Park yesterday but saw nothing around Capital Country Holiday park (your neck of the woods I guess) where we stayed.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Mark^^
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Ron I was on my way to Lithgow for a day driving along the Turon River. It snowed most of the way from just north of Goulburn to Oberon and the snow was heaviest around Oberon, where this was taken,

At home we only had light snow mostly just sleet, the place where you stayed at is just 10 minutes from our property. I have seen some snow on the Brindabella Mountains from work but not much.
  • RichardF
    United Kingdom 

Fitted frontrunner drawer system and frontrunner fridge slider.

MY2020 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Eiger grey, Dynamic Pack, Tech pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Electrically deployable towbar, Center console coolbox
  • Whippetman
    England 

Spent the day looking at BMW 3 litre petrol 5 series sport awd touring. D

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Whippetman, the 40i engine is a peach. You won’t regret it, if the package of the car works for you.

It’s also capable of incredible feats of economy when treated gently. Had many runs over 45mpg in my 440i GC.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Whippetman
    England 

Interesting news Very Happy Very Happy Cool

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

What did you order? Laughing

Also, if you need any help with deals drop me a PM and I will send you a couple of links/suggestions. There are usually some cracking offers to be had with BMWs.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

RichardF wrote:
    Fitted frontrunner drawer system and frontrunner fridge slider.

That looks a great set up, but not so if you get a flat tyre I presume?
  • RichardF
    United Kingdom 

There is access to the winch winder with the supplied tool through hole in draw unit all I need to do is open left hand draw and and slide ou fridge to its extended position to access.

• Slug
    United Kingdom 

Brilliant
    Bow down Bow down
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Picked up 1500kg of coal and 3 x 1 tonne builders bag full of seasoned logs yesterday. All set for the winter now.

Car pulled the load flawlessly. Trailer was steady as a rock. Having 4 shocks on trailer makes such a difference, compared to my older Ifor Williams which bounced and rattled so much even when loaded.

Could hardly tell the car was pulling a heavy load, only slightly noticeable up a steep incline. Well happy with its towing capabilities. Nothing comes near from any competitor, in my opinion Smile

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Hope you did several trips as you would have been over the towing limit of the D5!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I would never overload it. Asking for trouble. Not worth the risk of a fine or damaging the trailer components.
    Did 2 trips, one with coal bags, the other with logs. Trailer was fully brimmed both times.
    Even though the logs were in 1 tonne builder bags, unlike sand or pebbles which are alot denser, the 3 bags were roughly 400-500kg each.
    The trailer could have held more logs as the suspension was no way near as maxxed out compared to the coal run, which was exactly the maximum allowed weight.
    Not to mention, with the seats down, the boot can also hold 900kg max, so plenty of extra space if need be.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum