Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Bammmy, I just sent you a PM Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

I bought a kit to raise the 2nd row of seats. the only drawback is that
    now the loading floor is not flat anymore, but seating infinitely better !

It comes with a set of longer bolts. Probably not MOT allowed,
    althoug belts move up with the whole seat..

Not this seller, but same product.. :
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3302763307...web201603_

Last edited by 2B on 9th Feb 2021 4:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

key bounce

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Shopping in Tesco at 6am is a total breeze - me complete with bed head and tatty clothes. Thumbs Up

Last edited by Darras on 23rd Feb 2021 7:05 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Not alot, as awaiting for LR Assist to see what the issues are with the driver side window and constant low battery warnings.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Oh well, maybe the window mechanism failing was a blessing in disguise. AA man was very nice and honest. Found several issues which I did not even know existed or was aware of, as no lights came up on the dash. Am just thankful I phoned them this morning before the warranty expires next month. Cars booked in for 4 days, but with extra issues found this afternoon, I think will be in for at least a week Rolling Eyes

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Not one to air my dirty laundry in public for the world to see, but this is what has transpired this afternoon, and maybe of some use to someone.

I only reported the battery and window issues. Managed to shimmy up the window, but it dropped when I came home tonight by a few mm as I could hear wind noise. The AA chap knew straight away what the issue was without taking off the doorcard. He said he could cut the cable and tie wrap it, but as he was late by 2 hours I just said am happy to get it closed, as I was running late for work. Its a bit of a pain and time consuming he said. Seen several with the same problem, frayed wires which snap. Very common problem apparently.

Checked the battery and he asked if I had the earth bolt altered. I said no it never gave me any problems, so he moved the bolt to the next hole, next to the battery. Took 2 mins if that. I was under the impression that it had to be welded from some of the posts on here?

He also mentioned this was the first Petrol one he has had a call out from. Lovely looking car he said. Just a pity Lexus don't build them though.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Nice afternoon out.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Took it in for some warranty work at the lovely new Bristol Guy Salmon dealership.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Whippetman
    England 

Interesting!
    How long did you have to wait for a booking and what did you get as a loaner?
    Thanks

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I think I called up in mid-Jan. could have been booked in early Feb without a loaner, but with a loaner today was the first day possible.

Loaner is a Disco Sport. Yikes. Doesn’t feel like a LR at all. I’d have a base model Discovery every day of the week over a mid/top range Disco sport

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Whippetman
    England 

Hmmmmm.... Confused

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

There were 3 things I liked about the Sport I had as a loaner last time. One was the feel of the steering wheel, it feels like you're actually holding on to something. The weight of the steering was better than my D5, which is way too light. And both have electric power steering so it should be adjustable.
    And lastly, giving it back to the dealer.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I agree on the giving it back Very Happy

Think the steering is bloody awful on the DS. I’m used to one handing the D5, doing the same in the DS results in too much turn in for the steering angle and the self-centring is so strong as to be uncomfortable. I’d adjust to the former, but the latter is unlike any car I’ve ever driven - very poor design.

Giving it back now!

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum