Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

I tried to update mine today - got a message to say that the software is up to date. Can it be correct that the dealer has to release the new software, even over the air? Could it be because I have Rear Seat Entertainment, and that has caused update issues in the past? if the dealer has to release it, is it the dealer who sold me the car, or the dealer that last serviced it? All very confusing, tbh Wink

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

As far as I am aware, it is released in batches by VIN number.

I was not aware that the dealer could move you up (or down! ) in the queue.

As you are a 2017 make sure your VIN is registered by your dealer for updates.

My 2017 that I had from new had to be registered before I got any OTA updates.

What version are you currently on?

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • HHCG1100
    Germany 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I thought about this again. Actually, all I know is that moving the car up is what they told me they did. In case you think that might not be possible, the only other explanation I can think of for what happened might be this:

In case cars might be subject to an option of activation or deactivation for SOTA - if such option exists (which I don't know), and if then we assume that my car might have been deactivated, he might have activated it today. However, this does not seem like a logical scenario, as I had many discussions about the software with this same chap at the dealers, and he had checked my software version in the car. He said that at that time (October) there was no update available, and he and I had agreed that I should wait until an update becomes available online, so my car would load that, and then I should check how that works, and if there are improvements or maybe not.

With this background, why should my car then be deactivated for updates? I tend to believe the move up and down option might exist.

D4 SDV6 SE / 2014-09 / Corinthian Grey / sold.
    D5 SD6 HSE / 2019-08 / Carpathian Grey, Black Pack, Ebony.
  • Scottlw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

HHCG1100 wrote:
    Update found and done. That clearly means that LR dealers can influence the time (waiting queue position) for the car to update infotainment software. Good to know. Thanks again for the info, scottlw. Very helpful.
    Thumbs Up

Hope you now have sound back for TomTom and Waze?
  • HHCG1100
    Germany 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Did not drive today, but tested it - yes, seems so. Thanks again!

D4 SDV6 SE / 2014-09 / Corinthian Grey / sold.
    D5 SD6 HSE / 2019-08 / Carpathian Grey, Black Pack, Ebony.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum