Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

Popsdosh wrote:
    Im guessing they may soon be coming through a bit quicker now.
    As JLR have dropped Russian exports completely. However fuel cost may also make a few cancel orders as well.

I would not hold your breath that stopping the sales to Russia will speed things up, they only managed an average of 13 discos a month to Russia in 2021,

I was hoping the same until I found this

https://www.chinamobil.ru/eng/cars/land-ro...sales_rus/
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

I actually found that quite enlightening and showed up the general decline in D5 sales even early on when supply wasnt really holding them back.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

It does look like they are selling about 150 defenders a month (>10 times the discos). So it could lighten the load on the Nitra plant which in turn could help reduce the lead time.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Ordered aug 2022

Ordered was changed end of year to a MY23

Pick up tomorrow 👍

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • lipscow

what model are you picking up and from what dealership, I have had an HSE R-Dynamic Big Cry Big Cry on order since May 14 2021 and still no deliver date.

Bill
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

R dynamic SE with electric towbar, matrix headlights, fogs and some other bits

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • lipscow

Jack thanks for the prompt reply, did they honor the original contract price or did they increase the cost?

Bill
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

I had it honoured by LR but not the options, just the base build

• lipscow

Jack thanks for the update.
    bill
  • Champ1

Ordered May 2021.

Order unslotted October 2021 (2 weeks before my allocated build)

Told in December I would get a ‘priority build’ in a MY23 spec and price protection.

I’m still yet to get a build date and the dealer can’t give me any indication of when I will.

It’s a D250 S, not a high spec but it has everything I need from a car. I’ve been tempted to cancel on numerous occasions but can’t bring myself to lose the great deal I got. I guess I just have to continue waiting impatiently….
  • lipscow

Champ I got a great deal on my HSE But as Jack mentioned in an earlier thread they will not Honor discounts on the extras just the base price. I had £4500 of extras on my HSE and had a super deal agreed and signed for 14 May 2021 only to find out they will not honor that deal.

good luck with your discount let us know how you get on.

Still waiting on car and changed in price???????

Bill
  • Champ1

That’s frustrating. Fortunately the only extras I have are metallic paint and a detachable tow bar so a loss of discount on these is fairly negligible.

At the moment it still seems worth waiting for as there’s no way I’m paying £7k over the new prices (and even more over my discounted price) for a second hand one.
  • V8Fettler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Carpathian Grey

D5 Commercial R-Design HSE - 09/21 Ordered - 07/22 Delivery

Hi Chaps,

Ordered the end of September 2021, numerous black outs of information, finaly last month given build date mid June, delivery mid July.

Was given a discount for accepting the MY23 switch, on top of the discount I'd already got with CarWow evidence... Fingers crossed theres no 'missing spec', as that was not relayed to me in any way, formal or otherwise. I did however accept the removal of the Activity Key, as that was not available for that slot, but it was accepting that which gave me a slot date....

Only disapointment was back in September they had Finance Contributions of £1,000 which I can get now, and is likely gone for the foreseeable...
  • lipscow

Took delivery of My2023 D300 HSE two weeks to the year from order and I still got the £1000 dealer contribution for taken out some finance, make a couple payments and then clear it off, still worth it.

Bill
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

You can clear off the LR finance the same day you took it out and avoid anymore than a tenner interest. LR credit aka Black Horse don’t ask for a reason and it’s done in less than a minuet.

People say if you keep the finance a month, then if the car goes pear shaped, you reject it via the credit company, but having rejected a car before, this just adds to the scenario and it’s fine if they agree with you, not so great if they don’t.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum