Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• lipscow

In car Wi-Fi

Hi All I have just taken delivery of my2023 R-Dynamic HSE and have the following question, is there anybody out in the forum managed to get this to work.

The first picture shows the the cars Wi-Fi connected to an external network BThub which works fine.
    The second picture shows the wireless on and via the screen should be able to connect to a smart phone when I scan the wireless network for the car the following network appears LR467289 with the wireless option set to on when I try and connect my smart phone via the wireless option in the second picture it asks for a password for this network LR467289 any idea how this option works and where do you find the password, hope this makes sense.

Many thanks
    Bill
  • gavsta

Sorry, I cannot offer advice, but out of interest, did you specify the £440 - Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan (025SH) option?
  • gavsta

Having dug around a little, I suspect the option to which you refer, is Hotspot

Does the Wireless option enable CarPlay/Android Auto/Bluetooth connectivity of phones?
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The ability to connect to the car's Wifi only comes with the extra cost Wifi option with data plan. If you didn't select that option when ordering you can't connect your phone and it can't be retro-fitted.

Even without that option, the car still uses Wifi to communicate with your phone when using Android Auto or Apple Car Play, so some Wifi options are still visible in the settings but the connection only works when you activate AA or ACP which still use your phone's data plan not the in car wifi for data connection.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • lipscow

Gavsta, thanks for the reply, in the pictorial you uploaded what other option is there below the Wi-Fi in the picture, the pictures I have uploaded are direct picture from D300, I have been in contact with the dealership and they are looking into. Even without the wifi enabled
    the media Bluetooth and Incontrol and Alex all work fine via the data plan in the car.

Bill
  • gavsta

The menus beyond are Android Phone Settings and Apple CarPlay Settings.

That's not my picture, just something I've seen on another forum, where a Defender owner, made a similar enquiry to yours.

Quote:
    Thank you for your recent contact into the Land Rover Customer Experience Centre.

We have discussed your case with the Incontrol team who have checked and confirmed unfortunately your vehicle does not have the mobile hotspot feature fitted.

This is also not something that can be retrofitted as it would be taking the vehicle away from its original manufacturer's specifications.

If you are under the impression this was requested at the time of purchase, please liaise directly with your vending retailer who will be able to assist you further on this matter.

Suddenly, the Hotspot feature appeared following an update.

Quote:

We have had further feedback from our 3rd line team and they have advised that:

You should only have access to the hotspot settings if you have purchased WiFi Hotspot with Data Plan feature. However, we have been made aware there have been reports of an issue where the Hotspot setting is being displayed when the feature hasn't been selected. This is expected to be resolved by a software update in the future.

I guess, the key issue is whether the optional £440 - Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan (025SH), was selected. The first LR email provides guidance, either way.

I understand that some third parties can enable it retrospectively.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Re: In car Wi-Fi

Did you have any more joy with the wifi? Am presuming if the hot spot option isn’t listed in menu then car wasn't spec’d with this feature?

lipscow wrote:

Hi All I have just taken delivery of my2023 R-Dynamic HSE and have the following question, is there anybody out in the forum managed to get this to work.

The first picture shows the the cars Wi-Fi connected to an external network BThub which works fine.
    The second picture shows the wireless on and via the screen should be able to connect to a smart phone when I scan the wireless network for the car the following network appears LR467289 with the wireless option set to on when I try and connect my smart phone via the wireless option in the second picture it asks for a password for this network LR467289 any idea how this option works and where do you find the password, hope this makes sense.

Many thanks
    Bill

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

So is the option gone to just buy your own data sim and whack those in these later models, and there's your wi-fi hotspot?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Yes. With the PiviPro system there isn't a seperate SIM. The whole system uses built in SIMs that connect to LR's data.

The plus side is that it roams to whichever network is available in the area so coverage is good but it will stop working if you don't keep subscribing once the initial 3 years is up. Having a WiFi hotspot is an extra cost option above the connectivity for the built in systems.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum