Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Extra facilities with Sim Card

Could not understand why the Route Planner App did not work and was redirected to this:-

https://landrovershop.here.com/web/WFS/HA-...nefitsPage

Explains what is provided by your Sim card and I will double check it when I pick up my car in the morning.
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

Hi there,
    Yep you need sim to make it work. I created an account via the nav section on the car, entered same details on the app and it works great!
    Mac
  • Disco Paul
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Once you insert a SIM card everything is enabled. You need to download apps for your phone, and once you have signed in to everything there are a lot of new features available. Thumbs Up
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Do you mean new as in not expected or new as in the additional documented features?
  • Disco Paul
    United Kingdom 

I mean those documented - which are a lot.

It takes a long time to go through and practice with the tech on this car - once you are familiar with it I have no doubt that it will be an excellent driving experience.
  • Flatcoat
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Ok help needed please.

I have a 3 Sim on the car and that appears to work fine (Browser, Live and Apps all ok).

However I can't log on to the Route App on my iPhone as it doesn't recognise my email address.!

Same email and password work fine for the Remote and Apps.

Is there a separate logon required for Route.?
    Do I have to pay for Route.?
  • Disco Paul
    United Kingdom 

I've had no problem with this. You don't have to pay for Route.

Maybe it is worth deleting the Route app and re-installing it?
  • Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

I think you need to set up a route planner account via the LR website and then associate the account with your car. It can take a few minutes after getting in the car for the car to sync with the route planning software in the cloud. The nav account is separate from your incontrol account

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Your Remote and Route accounts / apps are different - I had the same issue and had to set up 2 accounts. Not very "joined up"...
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Hello Mates! Awaiting my Discovery 5 here in the States, mid-late May (ordered in October), Appears we are tied to major telecom here, AT&T initially , but wondering if anyone knows if I replace the sim with one from my preferred carrier, will the infotainment work correctly? Thanks
  • Jacko
    Australia 

I am not an expert but I would say yes. All the car would need to do is use the internet to gather data, ie for maps and updates etc. oh and to allow a hot spot for the kids.

Given the car is global it really wouldn't matter what provider you use. I believe its a data only Sim your after.
  • sufun
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

I used a mifi device to create a wifi hotspot then connected the car to the network. Seems to allow for these extra features too. Alternatively I guess you can also open up your phone and allow the car to tether to it.
  • eelpout
    United States 

I've used a whopping 40 MB of data in the 7 weeks I've had the car, that's with some nav, traffic, weather and even using the built-in web browser. Yes there is one. Smile

Looks like I'm going to have to shell out $10/month for a 1 GB plan w/AT&T (I'm in the US). That's the best deal I can find. In the states there are no great data only SIM deals to be had like in the UK. So most of that 1 GB plan will go wasted. Unless I use the hotspot for my phone's data on occasion.

I'm not sure why JLR hasn't figured out real streaming apps. downloaded into the car's media system is the way to go rather than this tethered stuff (which still goes over Bluetooth for audio!!). It's the one thing I'm jealous of with my friend's Tesla Model X. He has the Slacker music streaming app downloaded directly into his car (among other streaming apps).
  • Craigp
    England 

I'm not surprised you use all that data if you post in triplicate all the time. Laughing
  • eelpout
    United States 

oops. I was getting DEBUG mode errors from the website when submitting. didn't realize it was actually posting each time. sorry! Embarassed
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum