Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• J77
    Scotland 

My one was in this morning, basically they said everything is fine, oil degradation is less than 5%. Unless oil service mileage drops drastically, was 1700 now jumped up 4150, then it will be fine until first service in March.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Re: Service Due Warning

dlks151 wrote:
    I've only just turned 5000mls and I've now got the Service Due warning appeared on the vehicle health report page of the app. Looks like mine has succumbed to the same issue.

Mine has just come after an oil and filter change at 5515 miles, distance to next oil change is 6950 miles now.

Still not getting to the 16,000 quoted and my concern is that the distance does not drop in a linear fashion, so may be wanting an oil change in a few thousand miles again?
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Farallon Black

Does this early service affect 2.0l Diesels?

It's not obvious when reading this whether any owners of a 2.0L Ingenium Diesel have also been having the early oil change due to fuel in oil dilution. Could owners of these engines comment, please? Over on the DS forum there is a long catalogue of 2.0L Ingenium, fuel in oil problems but is is possible that the actual physical positioning and layout of the DPF in the D5 2.0, manages to avoid the problem.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I have had this happen three times in 6/7K each time oil and filter changed.
    I have told LR customer services and the garage I will reject the car if it happens again.

Yesterday I got a call from LRCS stating they were aware of the issue and that there is a ix due to be released within the next two weeks that will cure this once and for all, I said that going by last 6/7k miles they have about 1k before car gets rejected so watch this space

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • J77
    Scotland 

I’m keeping an eye on mine, as the service warnings have disappeared for the time being.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have just done a short 23 mile round trip and that took 200 miles off the distance for next service.

Russell, do keep us posted on this new "fix". Thumbs Up
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 

Russell and Jimbg, I should know but are you 2.0L or 3.0L?

OK just realised all First Editions are 3.0L Rolling Eyes I should wake up!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Yes 3 litre HSE
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Mine is a 3.0 1st Edition.

JimBG how do you check the mileage, is your service warning up currently or is there a way of checking it before the warning comes up that I have not found yet.

Must say that the dealer have been fantastic and very very supportive throughout. They I think are as frustrated over the issue as I am and fully back me Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

It is in Vehicle Information and shows distance left for service and Adblue.
    Just press the button on the steering wheel and then down arrow until it appears in the list.
  • J77
    Scotland 

I’ve started taking photos of the oil service mileage to show the dealer how big it varies from journey to journey.

• hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Hurrah for the Forum

So the car went back in for its 16k service, they forgot to pick it up for a start and then no mention of refund on the intermediate 'oil issue' service at 10k
    Another few emails and the money is being refunded.
    Thanks to all the advice here
    Also fixed was the lower boot flap that had stopped working...not fixed was the sim card reader, apparently the replacement one was faulty as well
    On a new matter, the boot lid was slightly misaligned which has rubbed on the bumper causing 3 scuffs
    The car is going back in under warranty to have the boot realigned and a replacement bumper and various other panels to do with the bumper? 10 days away in the bodyshop Big Cry
    Saves me washing it between now and then I suppose

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • solihull
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Re: Does this early service affect 2.0l Diesels?

Disco John wrote:
    It's not obvious when reading this whether any owners of a 2.0L Ingenium Diesel have also been having the early oil change due to fuel in oil dilution. Could owners of these engines comment, please? Over on the DS forum there is a long catalogue of 2.0L Ingenium, fuel in oil problems but is is possible that the actual physical positioning and layout of the DPF in the D5 2.0, manages to avoid the problem.

Just to confirm my 2.0l does not seem to have this problem. I have 8500 on the clock with 12500 remaining before next service.

I added Adblue at 5000 miles and it is saying topup needed in 2500 miles. I drive carefully and it is a good mix between motorway and local town driving. So from an ADblue perspective, it is going really quickly.
  • TimC
    United Kingdom 

Well my D5 was new from August and I’ve done 4000miles in it. Mix of commuting and long journeys but my commute is 20 miles so I don’t think these are short journeys around town.
    Just had the “service required” message come up and checked the Next Service menu. Showing Oil Service required.
    Did call LR garage yesterday and they felt it just needed resetting. Will give them another call I think.
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 

TimC, 3.0L or 2.0L?

D5, 3.0L HSE Farallon Black, Cancelled due to oil dilution issues
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum