Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• TimC
    United Kingdom 

3.0L HSE
  • TimC
    United Kingdom 

Well the dealership say it’s an error and needs a reset but would like me to drop in with the car to chat further. Likely to be after this week but will update when I get more info.
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Farallon Black

I can't believe this is a software issue. From the evidence of this forum it seems that the fuel in oil dilution problem only effects the 3.0l diesel engine in the D5, but it also seems to have this problem in the FFRR and RRS (EU6), but not in the D4, even when it was EU6 spec.
    The 2.0l Ingenium engine seems not to have this problem in the D5, but does in the DS and RR Evoque models.
    My guess is that this is a problem, to a greater or lesser extent, for all EU6 diesels that use post ignition injection of diesel to promote DPF regeneration, but because of the particular configuration of the DPF and the design of the EGR systems, some DPF's run much cooler and therefore need more help with the regeneration, leading to the fact that the same engine can give problems in one configuration but not another.
    This is not OK, the diesel dilution not only means early oil changes but also has the potential to affect the long term performance of the engine due to less effective lubrication and excessive 'washing' of the cylinder walls by un-combusted diesel.
    LR Customer service have promised me a clear statement on this situation but nothing seems to have emerged over the 4 weeks that I have been asking. I see elsewhere on the forum that others are also waiting for a 'fix', maybe it will come out soon Rolling with laughter
    I am beginning to wish I had ordered a petrol!

D5, 3.0L HSE Farallon Black, Cancelled due to oil dilution issues
  • NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I've done 5000 miles and mine has also come up saying a service is due. As it happens it went into the dealer today for some other issues to be sorted and I have reported this as well. I'll see what they say when I get it back on Friday.

2017 HSE Luxury
    (2012 D4 HSE, 2006 D3 SE, 2001 D2 ES)
  • Francesco
    Italy 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Farallon Black

Ciao.
    I have a Disco5- 3.0 Diesel First Edition
    After 6,700 km in the Remote app appeared a message that warns that the car requires urgent maintenance.
    In the dealership they looked at the car's computer and found that I had to change the oil within 2,000 miles: it said that it depends on the engine oil dilation due to the frequent re-integration of the particulate filter (Fap). I read that the JLR issued a warning in July 2017 that detects the problem in many of its diesel engine models and gives instructions to dealers to intervene. This is the link.
    http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...P00100.pdf
    I often use the Disco in town and this thing worries me a lot, having spent many for a car that can not make 8,000 miles without having to change the engine oil.
    Francesco
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Mine went in last week (4500 miles) for the early service notification
    They did an oil change - free under warranty and not as part of the service plan, which is only for 5 services.
    Also updated the software and replaced the A piller trim
  • TimC
    United Kingdom 

Well I popped into the dealer and they did a reset / car enquiry. Said all looked good but the service required message is still present with the oil service indicator still reading 0miles.
    Interestingly they said they have had similar glitches on DSport and RRS cars.

However as it is still on they want it in for a bit more of a diagnostic. Will book it in and see...
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

I would go back and ask for free oil change under warranty ( I got one ) and have them reset the indicator.
    There’s is also a software update for this which was applied to mine which may help
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Is this early service warning (based on diesel oil dilution) affecting the 2.0Ltr Ingenium also or just the 3.0Ltr ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Just 3.0 on D5

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Stu.

Hope all good with you. Fancy a meet up one day as you are now only 45 mins away from me in lovely Shropshire ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yep Thumbs Up

I'm not quite where the map shows, a bit more north of there

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Cool Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Francesco
    Italy 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Farallon Black

On October 25, 2017, the Disco5 computer indicated 2150 km at the oil change: my car had only run 6700 KM. Maintenance had been reported by the Remote App
    After a few days the computer indicated 7100 km at the oil change. In the following days it indicated Km 6400 and Km Km 1950.
    From October 25th to today I traveled about 400 KM.
    I now think that the problem is not only the anti-pollution system but also the software because it has given too different and incoherent indications. Evil or Very Mad

First edition farralon black
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Mine dropped to 1250 miles without being driven!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum