Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Sodbury D5
    United Kingdom 

Bit frustrated...

Swapped a Jag XF-S for a HSE TD6 in December and was surprised to find out the ICTP version was version 2 when my Jag had been updated to v3 in Oct last year - almost like taking a step back in versions. I had issues all the time with the old version in Jag with iphone connection, system crashing, mic not working on bluetooth calls - all needed a car restart to sort of make work. The update in teh Jag made it all work, iphone worked most of time, (prob 98%) and likes the newer simplified inetrface.

Then get into the D5 and find the older version with all the older problems!!!

Had it booked in yesterday to get to wbar fitted and have the V3 update installed, collected last night and they said they didnt want to install update as had killed a few cars. I said that this only happened to cars with RSE (HSE Lux mainly) and they said no way they were taking risk.

Having read above it seems there is a separate fix for the cars with RSE so it shouldnt be an issue to upload to mine? Its doing my head in that ive paid so much for acar and it has older softwrae that doesnt work than the car I traded in!!

Any suggestions?

James
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

They are idiots?

I have had my HSE updated to V3 and it is only cars with RSE that cannot be upgraded.
    The Topix site states that quite clearly.

I would suggest that you register on Topix so you can keep an eye on the problems/fixes that are out there.
    As a user we can only look at the document titles and dates, but that tends to be enough to check.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Mine was updated without issue by my dealer. Fixed many many things and made the system far more responsive (especially the Nav).

Only thing seems to do nothing still is the Camera button. Doesn't seem to want to do anything car stationary, in any gear selection or when moving. The DS camera used to work even when moving.

Not sure if this is a bug or 'normal'

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Hi all, just checked again with my dealership and they have said:

The update does apply however it is on hold due to programming errors. We do not have a firm date when the software will be released. It is a tentative eta of mid/end Feb but that is not confirmed.

I guess this is a re-release after the 'errors' are sorted?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Strange, mine was updated only a couple of weeks ago.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

I may call another dealership, get a second opinion. Mind you my dealership, Harwoods, is normally really good.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Maybe its a very recent command from JLR?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

is this Phase 3?

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

looks like it, the "Mountain" tab bottom right used to be a "4 x 4" tab.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

cool Smile thanks

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Sodbury D5
    United Kingdom 

So just had a call form the dealer - apparently JLR have pulled the update with no idea when it will be released.

Sooo frustrating moving form a car with the update having been applied already into a brand new car where the update hasn't been applied and has the same issues I had months prior.

Hopefully JLR customer services are reading this like they read the other forums and will be around soon with an update...

James
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, I got an update from my dealership this morning:

We have had information from Land Rover that the update will be available mid February.
    Would you like to arrange a date now for the end of February?

So have booked my car in for this, plus any other updates that crop up between now and then!
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Hopefully they finally get it right then!

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Sodbury D5
    United Kingdom 

Seems they are being consistent at least.

Interesting the service guy this morning said no idea when update is available though, is doing my head in that I know this ICTP can be fixed but its just not available yet - bit frustrated but first world problems eh!

I'll call them back at end week to see if they can update me on when update will be available and get booked back in.

James
  • HDFB110
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Have just booked my car in for a service 28th Feb.
    Currently running phase 2 system (still has the 4x4 icon, not mountains icon)
    Asked about the phase 3 update - dealer said yes it would be updated during the service.
    I then mentioned my car has rear seat entertainment - general response was that that shouldn't make any difference.
    Worry now is - are they saying that the new/revised update will be out by then or do they just not know about the issues?
    Guess I will find out on collection !!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum