Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

Unresponsive “media” button on Incontrol Pro

Guys

I saved this as a YouTube video so you could all see it. Is anybody else getting this issue? It is really bloody frustrating! Anyone know of a fix?

Phil

ps - before anyone asks - my son was filming from the passenger seat!

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Mines fine but I have noticed buttons need a firm push sometimes but they don’t fail like that.

I notice you haven’t had the InControl Touch Pro Phase 3 Update (your seats icon is the old one and also where is your 4x4 Info button?).

I’d call to your dealer and ask for this update. It fixes a lot of issues (not all yet though) and makes the whole system far more useable.

Also, does the Mode button on the steering wheel work ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

Thanks. It’s in for a service next month so I will ask for the update then. It hasn’t had any updates since I got it in March last year. The mode button also does nothing - there is simply no media of any sort available when it is in one of these moods.

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Hopefully it’s just a software fix.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

On mine the mode button on the steering wheel stops working, using the soft button works and it is fine again after that.

Definitely get the Phase 3 as that will make a world of difference. It does seem that the subsystems can crash such as navigation, but if that happens you will normally see a “navigation system not available” message pop up when it restarts.
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I have just got my 7 month old D5 (HSE Lux) back from the dealers after the latest update was completed (new release out approx. 3 weeks ago) to cure the slow start issue - seems to be OK, much faster startup and response times. I had corrupt media library from day 1 which resulted in the car being at the dealers for two weeks while LR wrote new software for it. After that was fixed, the system became very slow to start so hopefully the new software image will fix all my issues. Re the steering wheel mode button - I have noticed that it will not select media if no files exist in the media library.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum