Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

VW, Audi and the likes have, since many years, a function in the nav settings that you can tell the system there is slow traffic and you can tell for how many km, than it automatically recalculates the route and gives the best new options. I think this is one of the things he wanted to know the phase 4 update has, but apparently not
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I think I would rather have the system tell *me* where the congestion is either before I start off or while enroure, and then just reroute me.

You know, like Google Maps and Waze do.

Or better yet, just integrate either or both of those apps into ICTP.

Or even betterer yet Laughing , integrate Android Auto and Apple CarPlay into the head unit and dump the Apps function.
  • Labbix

Like VW, Audi and... do since years. On my other cars I can use a combo of Google earth with normal maps (so colored lines for the streets) which works perfect and of course they all have apple CarPlay and android integration
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

right i see what you mean.. i thought it did that on it's own, or at least warned you about the traffic, using data (those who can a SIM in the car) and whatever providers JLR use to collect the data?

Labbix wrote:
    VW, Audi and the likes have, since many years, a function in the nav settings that you can tell the system there is slow traffic and you can tell for how many km, than it automatically recalculates the route and gives the best new options. I think this is one of the things he wanted to know the phase 4 update has, but apparently not

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

one can only but dream about the day that this actually happens! i'm totally baffled by the fact that JLR have not taken full on Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

DieselRanger wrote:

Or even betterer yet Laughing , integrate Android Auto and Apple CarPlay into the head unit and dump the Apps function.

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Freelancer 2 and discovery sport early models had the divert feature if the route was congested or blocked. No longer available which is stupid

Labbix wrote:

• Labbix

Who is not baffled by the inferior infotainment... One would think that or you don’t offer it as a function or when you do offer it, and ask quite a bit of money, that it actually would work as intended. But with JLR you never know what’s intended of course, at least not for their software. I’m quite sure most dealers are absolutely unhappy with all these either, as are the customers.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

So my USB power issues seem to be fixed.

But now the car sees my phone as an iPod but refuses to actually show any music on my phone. First time I connected the phone to the media port it showed all the music when using Find but nothing selected played. The only Source was my iPhone as an iPod. No Bluetooth connected music.

I connect the car tonight after getting back from a business trip and Source shows my iPhone as both iPod and Bluetooth connected source. Select either and I get the media player but no actual media is displayed.

Select the Bluetooth Source and play from my phone and the system suddenly works. Album art and everything. Well ate least I can now listen to music again.

So much for Phase 4. ICTP is still a Censored up mess 🤬

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Dropped truck at Denver LR today, dealer needed a reason to justify installing phase 4 update, and asked if radio didn’t turn on. I told him I hadn’t thought about it, as every Rover I’ve owned has suffered from the occasional radio won’t work unless you turn off the truck and restart Smile So I didn’t think of it as an issue. Needless to say they are going to do the update. Lots of TSB issues to address, so probably won’t get truck back until early next week.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

the Bluetooth connection won't show the music on your iPhone you'll need to use you iPhone to change music (or Siri which really only works with you have Apple Music subscription). i haven't really used the usb media port so not sure if it will show the music on your phone that way but i'll give it a try later if i can and report back.

simonh wrote:
    So my USB power issues seem to be fixed.

But now the car sees my phone as an iPod but refuses to actually show any music on my phone. First time I connected the phone to the media port it showed all the music when using Find but nothing selected played. The only Source was my iPhone as an iPod. No Bluetooth connected music.

I connect the car tonight after getting back from a business trip and Source shows my iPhone as both iPod and Bluetooth connected source. Select either and I get the media player but no actual media is displayed.

Select the Bluetooth Source and play from my phone and the system suddenly works. Album art and everything. Well ate least I can now listen to music again.

So much for Phase 4. ICTP is still a Censored up mess 🤬

• achichon
    Gibraltar 

any chance you could post the bug fix list? and any other issue it addresses..
    also do these updates also make changes to the overall system of the car? by that i mean as an example to the Adaptive Cruise Control. i ask because since the update i used the ACC the other day and i felt that the way it gauged the distance and it delivered the breaking seemed enhanced. before i barely used the ACC because i felt the breaking was too abrupt and now it feels more control, linear, smoother... or maybe it's just me

simonh wrote:
    Looking at the bug fix list this is well worth having done. If you like the new interface or not. Looks like it fixes a lot (and I mean a lot) of issues.

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

This site doesn’t allow PDF attachments only photos. Here’s a link in a site that uses perhaps a more modern forum platform (or has the pdf option enabled).

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/download/file.php?id=7957

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

My cars in for the Phase 4 upgrade tomorrow (Friday 13th!). Worrying thing is the dealership has also 'pencilled' me in for the 26th too, just in case its not finished (!?!?!?)

Surely its either done or not done, didn't think you could stop half way and come back to it after 13 days!?

My car has been almost perfect as far as the infotainment system is concerned, however as I have one issue not being able to log on to my profile, Land Rover Customer service has suggested this..

Fingers and toes crossed!

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Well my car went in this morning - why do I have that sinking feeling!? Big Cry

Oh yeah, I know why.... I mentioned to the service guy that i'd heard some bad stuff about the updates and he told me that their success rate is about 60%, it either fixes everything, or stuffs the system so badly that the whole car shuts down! Great.... Rolling Eyes

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

thanks!

simonh wrote:
    This site doesn’t allow PDF attachments only photos. Here’s a link in a site that uses perhaps a more modern forum platform (or has the pdf option enabled).

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/download/file.php?id=7957

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum