Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

So got my car back yesterday evening, its still not fixed.

The dealership told me they were going to do the Phase 4 update, however the 6 hour update didn't go to plan and they backed out of it.

I've now got it booked in again for the 27th July, this time with a loan car thats booked out to me for a week! That should give them enough time to update it..... Or completed brick the car! Big Cry

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

ok update on this... yesterday i decided to have a better look into this and i can say that now i can browse my music on my phone even via Bluetooth (something i am 99.9% sure i couldn't do before) it also works with the usb cable into the media port and yes it does show an iPod icon but i guess that's irrelevant as it's seeing/using it as a media player.

simonh wrote:
    So my USB power issues seem to be fixed.

But now the car sees my phone as an iPod but refuses to actually show any music on my phone. First time I connected the phone to the media port it showed all the music when using Find but nothing selected played. The only Source was my iPhone as an iPod. No Bluetooth connected music.

I connect the car tonight after getting back from a business trip and Source shows my iPhone as both iPod and Bluetooth connected source. Select either and I get the media player but no actual media is displayed.

Select the Bluetooth Source and play from my phone and the system suddenly works. Album art and everything. Well ate least I can now listen to music again.

So much for Phase 4. ICTP is still a Censored up mess 🤬

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

6 hour update? :/ they started mine at lunch time (around 1:30pm) and i picked the car up at 4:30 and it had literally just finished as i walked in.

rogersmj wrote:
    So got my car back yesterday evening, its still not fixed.

The dealership told me they were going to do the Phase 4 update, however the 6 hour update didn't go to plan and they backed out of it.

I've now got it booked in again for the 27th July, this time with a loan car thats booked out to me for a week! That should give them enough time to update it..... Or completed brick the car! Big Cry

• Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Just picked up truck this morning after phase 4 installation. First impression is that system is more responsive to inputs, lag seems virtually nonexistent. Also noticed backup camera immediately jumped to “full” version, rather than the “slimmed down “ view after a cold start. So far, off to a good start, will report back after I’ve lived with it a few days.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • eelpout
    United States 

Rockcypher wrote:
    Dropped truck at Denver LR today, dealer needed a reason to justify installing phase 4 update, and asked if radio didn’t turn on. I told him I hadn’t thought about it, as every Rover I’ve owned has suffered from the occasional radio won’t work unless you turn off the truck and restart Smile So I didn’t think of it as an issue. Needless to say they are going to do the update. Lots of TSB issues to address, so probably won’t get truck back until early next week.

I was wondering if anyone in the US has tried to have this installed yet. I'm still on whatever version it came with in early 2017 Rolling Eyes ; my dealer really doesn't like doing updates either. Though they've relented and said if I really want it they'll do it for me since I've been a good customer of theirs since the early 2000's. Guess I'll roll the dice and make an appointment.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

My new Denver dealer didn’t want to install either, my old OKC dealer confirmed to me it was out and available after the Denver guys were hesitant. If you are having any issues such as screen or audio not functioning (was very infrequent and similar behavior as my other Rovers), that should be enough reason for them. Good luck. One note, just ran to Costco and backup camera booted into “slim” version after cold start

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Over the air updates?

• achichon
    Gibraltar 

Yes. Not sure exactly how it works as i don’t have 4g or wifi connectivity (long story short i cannot have it in Gibraltar) but yes that option is now available in phase 4 update

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Had 3 complete crashes of InControl today. When using Nav. Black screen for a few mins before it restarts. Still refuses to work with any phone connected to the media ports. Music plays but all control has be via phone not touch screen. This remains blank as if no music available.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

You on phase 4? Probs needs a re-install something must have gone wrong during installation
    And if you r not on phase 4 what better excuse to update!

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Phase 4 yes.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Big Cry That doesn't fill me with very much confidence Big Cry

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Made an update today by the dealer. I had a problem playing music from a USB stick. Now it works perfectly, no lacks or stops, I like the design also, the black theme and some new wallpapers.
    The problem appeared with 4x4i menu. As you press the offroad button or choose 4x4i menu it says the option is not available.... Tried to restart it several times, tried to choose it on the offroad hight or with different terrain programs, all the same, not available. Will definitely miss it.

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Funny, just solved the problem of the 4x4i menu by switching from the native language to English. looks like not everything was translated and all features work only if you have English as a menu language.

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Had the update completed yesterday and the issue of the helicopter view being overridden by the 360 PDC seems to be solved? A few more reversing moves will be needed before I am sure.

One question, where is the climate menu now? It is not one of the 3 items on the home screen and is not on the list when you swipe sideways.

I used to use it to SYNC the heating controls after passengers had exited.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum