↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

I could post every day of the last 7 months of ownership Very Happy
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

You have been a lucky guy. I wonder what percentage of 3ltr D5 owners can say that.
    I was one of the lucky ones with D3 and D4s that was why I stuck with LR.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Same here for 3 months. I'm not counting the extra oil change, as the car worked perfectly. That has to be due to my "driving style" although the car does fall in the N222 service bulletin VIN range.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

EMcC wrote:
    You have been a lucky guy.

I suspect ....as always ....I'm part of a silent majority who is a little more vocal Very Happy
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Driving the narrow Cornish motorways is a challenge in this wide bus but it can get into some crazy places (up banks and into steep field entrances) when it needs to get past other vehicles Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

300 mile round trip on Saturday with trailer in tow. Weather was horrendous with all the rain and fog. Car was rock steady and surefooted, even after hitting a few puddles at speed inadvertently. No aquaplaning thankfully. Times like this you really appreciate the cars potential, feeling safe and secure inside, and think this is one of the reasons why you bought it for in the first place. Car was truly in its element.
    Feels like your driving a saloon as it's so smooth and comfy, you forget your in a 4x4. Only when passing a saloon you realise that. Compared to the D4 which had alot more body roll, you always knew you were in a 4x4. With the trailer maxxed out with bulky IKEA flat packs, the engine was still pulling like an elephant on steroids. Could not even tell we were towing anything. I love the feature that you can have the rear camera on all the time, to keep an eye on the trailer and can see the car that you have just overtaken, to pull in safely.
    3 x Dab stations which I saved when in London, 7 months ago have also mysteriously started working again, much to my surprise and the TV signal is stronger with hardly any freezing or dropouts. Not sure if the Dab transmitters have been recently upgraded as the radio stations were still not working last week.
    Only issue is the lack of AEB / No Forward Detection.
    Apart from that the cars running sweet as a nut. Mrs is well pleased with it, so that's all that matters. Compared to the Lemon of a First Edition the comparison is like chalk and cheese.
    I think we are really lucky as this one is running faultless compared to the last one. I feel for others on the forum having issues as been there ourselves with the last one. Would we buy another, the answer is yes if it's as good as this one. Well delighted as no leaks, squeaks, rattles or electrical issues touch wood Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Snow today - about 3" of wet stuff and rime on all the trees, Bridges and overpasses were a bit slick. I've been tardy in putting on snow tires this year, but this morning my D5 was rock solid on the commute to work!

I then recalled last winter when I went with my son up to the mountains to mess around on some forest roads. The tires, Cooper Discoverer AT3's, were brand new, and on one section of trail we found ourselves faced with ice covering 30m of trail where a spring seep had frozen over. There was a hole in the ice where someone else had broken through, and it appeared to be about 18 inches deep. I tried to avoid it, but on non-winter AT tires the Disco was soon skating a bit and someone must have put a giant magnet in the hole, because I soon found my left front wheel in it, with three wheels still on the ice. A few moments of fiddling with the TR2 dial, air suspension, and rocking and I was out. A frozen Creek crossing exit was next...also a bit of slipping but quickly got out of that too.

This year, I'll have snows on...I sense a "normal" winter coming on.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Grass / Gravel / Snow on Summer AT tires

Got me to work effortlessly! About 5-7" of snow throughout yesterday with <20F temps overnight and this morning makes for slick roads over packed snow and ice. Scheduled for winter tire install on Friday, had to get to work today. No plows in the neighborhood, but the main streets had plows and sand - nevertheless, once people drive on cold snow it gets packed down and glazed pretty quickly. My summer AT's are terrible in the snow - they get going OK, but don't stop well and they push into corners. Put the D5 in Grass/Gravel/Snow and it became very solid, especially on launch. Can't wait till I get the snows on - we may actually have a normal winter this year. The Rockies here have upwards of 250% their normal snowpack for this time of year! WOO HOO!

• IndusD4
    Australia 

I could post here every day. No issues.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Well, I had a boring day driving about on some slightly damp roads......I negotiated a few pot-holes but that's about it.

Oh, I didn't break down or get any oil dilution warnings. I didn't reject the car either.

I've now opened a nice bottle of red wine. Thumbs Up

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Likewise - I'm reserving this section for things I'm particularly well-pleased with.

Just driving through puddles without catching fire is routine, so I don't feel the need to post anything about that. Laughing
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

used remote climate thingy first thing today - app on smartphone
    worked a treat. Smile
    SWMBO was well pleased when she went out early to the shops
    nice & snuggly Thumbs Up

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • Sacimiddx
    United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
    I could post every day of the last 7 months of ownership Very Happy

18 months trouble free for me

He whispered
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Well the Mrs reported this evening that the car has started to show Channels in HD now, which never worked before.

(Just by chance she was flicking through the channels whilst waiting to pick up kids from football tonight).

Quite a significant improvement over the normal non HD picture she said.

Difference is like watching a film on video and then comparing it to a dvd apparently. Alot sharper and clearer.

Anyhow another D5 owner at school said the same thing to her tonight, that they were not getting HD channels either, up until a few days ago along with a shed load of new DAB radio channels.

Seems my hunch was right, as must have finally upgraded the transmitters up here finally Exclamation

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum