Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

“Another trouble-free day!" or "What's working perfectly”

For the positive things about our D5’s
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Had an out-and-back business trip to LA yesterday - it was snowing when I left at 6am, sleeting when I returned at 9pm. On the way to the airport, my D5 was flawless! And when I returned, as I was waiting to deplane, I activated the remote start and when I got to my car the windscreen was clear and it was warm inside. First day of the year where I used the heated seats and steering wheel....

Not a single warning light! Cool
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Today I drove 6 miles before breakfast just to take the dog to an exercise area, not really a long enough drive to get the engine to proper working temperature.
    After breakfast I drove 16 miles to see a friend, stayed with him for an hour or two then drove the 16 miles home and collected my dog and drove another 3 miles to exercise my dog and 3 miles home for my dinner.
    A very mundane day but my D5 did not play up, misbehave, swear, cough or spit so as far as I am concerned a very good day and this post saved me posting on face -ache Wink
    The real test will be in a couple of weeks when I start my driving at 02.30hrs and collect friends from out of the way places on the way to the airport.
    Oh yes I nearly forgot - no warning lights either Very Happy
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Apart from ICTP media port issues mine just works. Always has TBH.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

I'v only just got my 2017 Disco 5 but have made a couple of reasonably long round trips in it already, Manchester to Coventry one day followed by a Manchester to Worcester trip the next day - total of 555 miles of very enjoyable driving.

Laurence
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Everything worked perfectly. And 18,850km to go until the next service, not sure what the countdown started at last week - not that I'm going to worry about that. No rattles, no squeaks. Probably still on phase 3 of the entertainment system and even that doesn't seem too bad (I don't have RSE). Did two motorway runs today to and from the 4WD show in Sydney. Happy days Smile

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Just back from a few days in the outer Hebrides. 1200 miles round trip. No faults, no glitches, no unexpected noises.

Extreme comfort and almost 40mpg (indicated - probably about 10% less in real life).

Will definitely have to get it to the dealer's next week. This isn't normal for a LR vehicle. Rolling with laughter

Oh, and 2500 miles driven now with no sign of oil dilution.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Just got back from a 30 mile round trip and on the way back, just short of getting home the dashboard lit up with red triangle and the message tyre pressure needs attention and the little red picture of a tyre in the other panel.
    Limped home and felt every bump and ridge in the road surface, every indication of a flat tyre but none of them looked flat.
    Let it stand outside the house for a while and then checked the read-out from the stalk - no pressures indicated Sad
    Will have a look in the morning and if tyres look OK and the message is still there another call to my local LR dealer but won't expect to get any joy from them for at least a month Sad
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

You need to change dealer if yours can’t fix the issues your having. Or reject it.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Driven from Shropshire to Falmouth today. 4 hours of high speed cruising. Nearly 40MPG indicated.

Plenty of overtaking power from the gem that’s the 2L.

Extreme comfort. Quiet ride too until SWMBO started playing her ‘pop’ music Big Cry

(Over Bluetooth as the media ports still don’t recognise a phone plugged in)

It’s a great drive this car. Still miss the D4 though.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Labbix

If it was that simple to reject, I would have done so long ago, dealer still refuses and is ‘talking to JLR’, this is going on for 4 months now!
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

I rejected a Disco Sport with my dealers help and full support.. Long list of issues. Took only a few weeks. Had a newer model year replacement (that I was able to configure myself) that was built properly and kept until I traded in for the D5.

Maybe the process is far easier here in the UK ?

Hope you can get your issues sorted Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Drove to PCWorld and back today ...no problems to report Whistle Cool
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

EMcC wrote:
    Just got back from a 30 mile round trip and on the way back, just short of getting home the dashboard lit up with red triangle and the message tyre pressure needs attention and the little red picture of a tyre in the other panel.
    Limped home and felt every bump and ridge in the road surface, every indication of a flat tyre but none of them looked flat.
    Let it stand outside the house for a while and then checked the read-out from the stalk - no pressures indicated Sad
    Will have a look in the morning and if tyres look OK and the message is still there another call to my local LR dealer but won't expect to get any joy from them for at least a month Sad

This is the wrong thread to talk about problems btw...only good stuff allowed here Thumbs Up
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

This thread won't be very long then will it 😊
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum