Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Problem with Route Planner

My Route Planner seems to have locked my car into a carpark on the map which I visited months ago. So, with every new route plan, it tries to start from this car park. This problem persists with two Android devices and the Windows app. On the Androids, I have uninstalled and reinstalled on a number of occasions and have cleared memory and cache. The problem also persisted when I rebuilt my phone from a factory reset. Given this and the fact that the problem is also on the web app, I can only assume that there is something amiss with Landrover or Here.

I have raised a ticket with Landrover Customer Support but after some daft questions they have gone quiet.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Have you looked at the home \ destinations in the web app https://landrover.here.com/index.php#destinations/0

You can remove any that you don't want
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 

Thanks.

I can remove it from routes but it is always shown in the car park as my last place parked. I don't see any way of resetting the " last parked" marker.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Hmmm strange ..have you gone to the destinations tab and checked 'favourites' and 'recent' ?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Check you are still logged into Live.

Mine does this randomly and puts my car somewhere itโ€™s not.

When I check Live itโ€™s not logged in as itโ€™s randomly logged me out.

Log back in and it fixes it.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Roverโ€™s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 

Yep, logged in as I have tried to remove the marker from there but to no avail. I suppose my last resort is to see if Here can help.

Cheers

Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

I have had the same issue for over a year now, basically since delivery. And it's always somewhere i would never stop. Like the motorway. I was apparently parked there for a few months but managed to put over 10k kms on it at the same time. I am a magician ! Rolling with laughter

It's "reset" itself twice. Once, i noticed i had been logged out in the sat nav, logged back in and it was working again.
    Second time, i have no idea how it fixed itself. I logged out and back in to no avail. and one day i tried it again and it had moved me.

When i first got it i was apparently parked at the dealership for a few weeks.

It's never worked for me and i believe the issue is with Here seeing as my Remote app always has the correct gps position. 100% of the time. Remote app uses TomTom maps, or so i deduce. If you click on "Legal" at the bottom left corner of the Remote app map on the first page. There is a list of map data copyrights, including Tom Tom.

I've given up a long time ago.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Does your remote app pick up the correct location? Or is it the same wrong location as the Route Planner? If the Remote app shows the same wrong location as the Route Planner, then the problem may be with the vehicle. Mine occasionally randomly deactivates its mobile data connection, and I have to go in and re-enable it, then everything works.

Last edited by DieselRanger on 30th Oct 2018 6:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Remote app uses Apple Maps which contains traffic data from TomTom.

Live was causing my issues and each time Route Planner left my car many miles away, I found Live was logged out. Logging back in fixed the Route Planner location for my car after the next journey.

I guess darker forces are at work in the system somewhere?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Roverโ€™s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

pdes wrote:
    Yep, logged in as I have tried to remove the marker from there but to no avail. I suppose my last resort is to see if Here can help.

Cheers

Logged into Route Planner or Live ? ie Live Services ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I am logged into Live Services and have the same problem. Thumbs Up
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Re: Problem with Route Planner

pdes wrote:
    My Route Planner seems to have locked my car into a carpark on the map which I visited months ago. So, with every new route plan, it tries to start from this car park. This problem persists with two Android devices and the Windows app. On the Androids, I have uninstalled and reinstalled on a number of occasions and have cleared memory and cache. The problem also persisted when I rebuilt my phone from a factory reset. Given this and the fact that the problem is also on the web app, I can only assume that there is something amiss with Landrover or Here.

I have raised a ticket with Landrover Customer Support but after some daft questions they have gone quiet.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks

I had the same issue. What solved it for me, was to log me back in (!) in the navigation tab in ICTP. It somehow logged me out so that my car was presumably parked somewhere in France (on a location I passed during the travel).
    Hope this helps Smile

MY17 HSE Luxury Corris Grey 3.0 si6 with Black Pack 21 inch
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum