Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• bammmy

Hi simonh,
    Just had my software updated today (Saturday) on my 7 week old D5 from 18D to 19A. I was the OP for this thread, I thought update might cure it, however it didn’t. I have this afternoon spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone to Apple support, who were excellent, as were the dealers Rybrook Conwy. The advice from Apple after lots of tests including borrowing a second iPhone, was to have the initial download of CarPlay removed then reinstalled. If anyone else has a solution I’d love to hear it😳
    Mark
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Hi. Apple Support are very good. It’s a shame LR don’t have a similar support team customers can call. Not sure why they can’t considering Apple has millions of customers and LR have not even a tiny fraction of that customer base. All they do is push issues back to the ‘retailer’ who then have to speak to LR to try and get answers Rolling Eyes

You’d think a 60K (guessed average) product would get better help from its manufacturer compared to a mobile phone!!

Anyway...

Thanks for posting the Apple Support suggestion. I’ll ask Shukers if they can ‘reinstall’ the ACP software, though my suspicion is that it’s part of the whole 19A installation and is activated by the dealer and not a separate installation.

ICTP has been around for a good few years. LR really should have it working properly by now and know how to stop breaking things that worked perfectly before being updated with newer releases.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • bammmy

Ok, latest update.
    Just been back to dealership, again very helpful, we tried different phones, leads and different ways of getting the phone aspect side of things to work correctly, sadly to no avail. The final test was a different vehicle all together and it didn’t work correctly in that Landrover either, it wasn’t a Discovery but a Velar. So it appears that it’s not a unique software issue to the D5 after all.
    So if anybody who reads this would like to see if they have the fault maybe something will be done.
    To reiterate the problem is, in CarPlay mode, only on an incoming call you can’t hear the caller but they can hear you.
    Any updates appreciated.
    Mark
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

What happens if you exit Car Play before you answer the call?

Does it work then?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

If you go back to the ICTP home screen the phone is still connected over CarPlay for phone calls. Once connected you cannot disconnect it unless you physically unplug the phone. There is no ‘turn off’ CarPlay option that I can see.

I’ve not tried answering the call with the steering wheel button or iPhone screen yet since 19A was installed but I assume it still won’t work right like it didn’t using 18D.

@bammmy - Was the Velar running 18D or 19A?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • bammmy

Not sure what software the Velar was, but I had the problem with 18D that’s why I asked for the update to 19A, thought that was the fix but apparently not.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

I'm on 19A and have no problems at all making or receiving calls
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Do you use ACP John ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I'm on 18D and have no issues with making or receiving calls via ACP. I do have an issue that when playing music via ACP, the entertainment system reboots for apparently no reason. When it is back, it keeps playing where it left off.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

simonh wrote:
    Do you use ACP John ?

Yes
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Does the SE still have a different software setup to the HSE?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Tried deleting the phien pairing but still have the same results.

Will try another phone I think as the techs phone at the dealer apparently worked ok but they are not sure if they called from the car or dialed into the car...

Music, nav and anyother app that routes the audio via CarPlay works finer. Seems the phone app is the only one not doing this.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • bammmy

Please keep the updates coming 👍
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Tried another phone (older iPhone 7 Plus also running latest iOS) and it won’t even see this phone to connect. Plugged my iPhone XS Max back in and now that’s not seen by ICTP.

FFS Censored

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • SJP26
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I have been using it for a while and it works fine. Two things for me that made it more reliable were using an original apple cable and also unlocking the phone before I plug it in. The enable usage while phone is locked doesn’t seem to work very well.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum