Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• bammmy

Can’t answer phone using ACP

Hello,
    Having problems answering a call whilst using Apple CarPlay. It rings no problem but when swiped to answer cant hear caller, not sure if they can hear me. Phone works well outside of CarPlay. I have a 2019 D5 HSE with 18D software. Any thoughts appreciated.
    mark
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Can you not use the steering wheel button?
  • bammmy

Sadly it’s the same using the steering wheel control 🤬 Aaahhh help😢
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Mine works but I am on 19A
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Re: Can’t answer phone using ACP

bammmy wrote:
    Hello,
    Having problems answering a call whilst using Apple CarPlay. It rings no problem but when swiped to answer cant hear caller, not sure if they can hear me. Phone works well outside of CarPlay. I have a 2019 D5 HSE with 18D software. Any thoughts appreciated.
    mark

I’m having the same issue with 18D.

Can’t hear caller but they can hear me.

If you don’t use ACP and connect iPhone via Bluetooth then it works fine.

Also seeing sat nav voice not being audible if phone using ACP.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I've noticed when connecting via bluetooth that sometimes the phone still plays sound via the phone speaker rather than via the car. Can't be but I think when it does this there's a message on the phone "unlock screen to use accessory". Maybe that is the same for your situation with calls still using the phone internal speaker?

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Interestingly the first suggestion from Apple is to ensure Siri is on. And googling a bit further someone found that putting the call on hold then untold again makes it work. That person says he does hear the caller when picking up the phone.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

IndusD4 wrote:
    I've noticed when connecting via bluetooth that sometimes the phone still plays sound via the phone speaker rather than via the car. Can't be but I think when it does this there's a message on the phone "unlock screen to use accessory". Maybe that is the same for your situation with calls still using the phone internal speaker?

Ron

I get no sound at all. Phone is unlocked. Over Bluetooth it works perfectly. On ACP it’s fooked.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • bammmy

That's exactly how mine is.
    Can you use Waze without going through ACP does anyone know?
  • Labbix

On your smartphone of course, but not on the main D5 screen, only possible through ACP
  • bammmy

Think it’s a trip back to the dealership 👍
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

bammmy wrote:
    That's exactly how mine is.
    Can you use Waze without going through ACP does anyone know?

Waze, Apple Maps and Google Maps. Work very well. TomTom Go support for ACP coming ‘soon’ they say.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Rolands
    Latvia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Indus Silver

My17 HSE has got 19A installed, i was hoping to get ACP, but it was not there. Is it market thing or dealer shoul be specifically asked for?
  • Labbix

Market specific, depending on the console you have in the car next to the fridge (between front seats) and not part of 19A, so a specific software as well.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

simonh wrote:
    IndusD4 wrote:

Ron

I get no sound at all. Phone is unlocked. Over Bluetooth it works perfectly. On ACP it’s fooked.

So now have 19A and still no audio from the phone when someone calls. Have to use the phone speaker to hear anything.

Audio via CarPlay works for Music, Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps etc so it’s not a cable or audio routing issue.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum