Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Well yesterday I called LR assist regarding my D300 with the fault in the charging system. The AA guy was helpful but he couldn't identify the problem so he offered to follow me to the nearest dealer which is Hadfields Shrewsbury. So had to leave it there they said the wouldn't be able to look at if for a week. I am now in a Range Rover Sport P400 hybrid, which they didn't even leave a charge lead in it.
    Already experiencing LR legendary after care. Big Cry

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

If you get it charged, would be nice to hear your impressions of driving the plug in hybrid compared to the diesel Thumbs Up
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Well I quite like driving the Range Rover sport it handles well on the road and the ride is good. We have driven 200 miles today and it's averaging 30.5 to the gallon and that's without any electric charge. I can't charge it because they didn't leave the charger in the car.

• gavsta

How does it compare to the D5, in terms of handling and comfort? Asking for a friend Very Happy
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

It handles well possibly slightly better than our D5. It would have been nice to be able to charge it to see how far it went on a charge. It does have the full digital dash which is better than my non full digital.
    As for comfort it's very nice I do like the seats, but it's nowhere near as roomy as the D5.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I changed from a D5 to a Sport P400e hybrid and do not regret it.

I use the EV mode for local trips and in the warmer weather get 30 miles easily.
    Probably take 25% off that in the winter.

It is certainly quick in hybrid mode and you really notice it has 400 horse power and handles much than the Discovery.

The only downside is the smaller boot because of the battery being there, not a great problem for us as we no linger have the dog.

I was averaging 60+ mpg until our 1500 mile trip to France last month and we are down in the mid fifties but climbing up again quickly.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Would have been nice to try it in electric mode. What type of charger socket do you need to charge it?

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The car comes with a "granny" cable which plugs into a 13 amp socket.

At one end is the normal UK 3 pin plug and the other end is a Type 2 EV connector
    Between the 2 is a small box that emulates a conventional EV charger providing the appropriate responses to start a charging session.

It also comes with a 10 metre Type 2 cable that plugs into the car and charger.

Most public AC chargers do not have a permanently connected cable so you really need the JLR provided one or source one from somewhere.

The granny cable is probably best for you as you could charge at home, the dealer must have both somewhere.

2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Yes very annoying that the charger was not in the car. A big thick book of instructions is there though.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Am I missing something? Not just ask for the cable?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    Yes very annoying that the charger was not in the car. A big thick book of instructions is there though.

Well sounds like you have a real manual, I just got a nice little card pointing me to the iGuide! Big Cry

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Darras wrote:
    Am I missing something? Not just ask for the cable?

They would have to try to borrow one from another garage. Whistle
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Oh, right. Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum