Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Last used the car 6th April and didnt try to start will 1st May. It started with some difficulty and spluttered into life but was ok afterwards. No low bat warning seen when I started though but it felt like the 'just' managed to startup Laughing
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

mine has been used once maybe twice a week. Took it for a drive yesterday that was about 7 miles, and stop start functioned at a junction near the end of that journey so battery must actually be doing ok

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • mack1979
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mine has had two replacement batteries, new alternator, full check on the wiring twice and numerous jump starts and LR assist call outs. Still get low battery warnings after less than a day parked up after 100 mile journeys. This has completely ruined our experience of LR, 75k car which doesn't start or doors and boot won't open. It fits our needs so well but can't put up with this so not sticking with LR after this one goes back.

New D5 HSE 3l SD6 MY20. Black and all the black options!
    Old: (sold) D4 MY11 3.0l SDV6 (black obviously)
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

You need a decent auto-electrician to find the parasitic drain.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • mack1979
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Which sadly two different LR dealerships don't have

New D5 HSE 3l SD6 MY20. Black and all the black options!
    Old: (sold) D4 MY11 3.0l SDV6 (black obviously)
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

No you need to find a local auto electrician who preferably works on JLR cars.

The dealership probably just plugs it and looks for error codes.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I have not used my D5 for almost 3 weeks at a time during lockdown without any battery issues. Strangely my Auto/Stop/Start function works within a mile of a cold start, but not after 100 miles of motorway driving - perhaps there are more polutants when the engine is cold and the system is `clever' enough to realise that.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Only had my D300 a couple of weeks and I am getting the charge light stay on and warning on the screen until I have travelled a good few miles . Does not bode well for the future.

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Just came back from a 4 week holiday in the middle east.
    Drove the car 150 miles, along with the trailer, and left it in the airport carpark.
    Came back on Monday, and it started first time, no struggling nothing. Was expecting a low battery warning after 2 weeks, but nothing. Even the stop start worked straight away to my amazement.
    Car has the original battery, and was showing low battery warnings a week before we left, and the stop start never worked for months.
    I think leaving it in the open, with the supposedly scorching weather we have had in my absence, has helped, or due to no driving for 4 weeks, cars shut down totally and reset itself. Its a mystery Whistle

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Are you sure no one has been using it while you have been away. Sad

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Nope, as we had both sets of keys with us.
    Mrs. would never leave her car keys behind, nor would I, just for someone to joyride it in our absence. Read several horror stories recently. It's the first time we have done this, as usually get we get a taxi to the airport and back.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

I often work away for 3 or 4 weeks at a time. Never been a problem with battery, and I would have been surprised if there was really. It goes completely to sleep after a few days, and can no longer be contacted remotely by the app.
    If an individual car is having problems in that timescale, it has a problem that needs investigating and fixing.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

That explains why the app wasn't working when I was abroad then.
    It did work for the first few days initially, but nothing after that.

• Jamieklb
    Scotland 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

My year old D300 regularly flashes up the Low Battery warning so I've got it booked in to the dealer in Inverness next week. Hopefully they'll be able to tell me why the battery is always draining and I'll get a new one out of it.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Had mine in there last month for something else. They always appear t have a problem with a curtesy car. I don’t ask anymore.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum