↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• J77
    Scotland 

That's brake lights only Thumbs Up

Rear DRL

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Grianaig
    Scotland 

I can't see the logic in having the brake lights on the tailgate and not having them in use. I saw a F-Pace last week and it looked to have the same poor set-up..

MY 2014 D4 Indus XS
    MY2006 D3 Zermatt S Manual
  • rd450
    United Kingdom 

It does look strange particularly when the promo video showed the brake lights extending into the tailgate. Anyone had a closer look to see if there are bulbs in the lower tailgate bit ?
  • max099
    Austria 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

They must be joking! These tiny little lighties are a real disgrace and they are dangerous as they are VERY hard to see.
    This might well be a deal breaker for me. I'll have to consider a cancelation of my order. I might wait until they fix this nonsense or I will maybe head to other manufacturers.
    Man, I am REALLY pis*** - ahm - angry about this idiocy.

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

They will soon change things when a few of us get stopped by the Police and we REPORT it to dealers or the first one gets rammed up the back because people did not SEE the brake lights

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • J77
    Scotland 

I've followed one and they are pretty bright and there is a massive centre brake light.

• stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

stuart_f wrote:
    This gets better and better...

Went to tow the caravan tonight (we head off on holiday tomorrow) and the tow bar won't deploy. The tow bar icon no longer appears on the info screen either. Not impressed at all. We're on our 3rd Land Rover assist callout and the car has also been back to the dealer - we've only had the thing 10 days!

So far this car has been nothing but trouble and it's not helped by Land Rover Assist sending people out who have computer tablets that don't have new enough software to talk to the Discovery 5. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

13 days later the car is fixed. Software fault apparently.

There wasn't even an apology for the time it took. Shockingly poor customer service from Land Rover.

I'm honestly beginning to regret this purchase. All my confidence in the car is gone, I'm towing again next week and every time I deploy the tow bar I do it with my heart in my mouth wondering if the tin tent is going to be stranded by another software fault. Sad
  • Martin
    Site Admin and Owner
    United Kingdom 

OT but I'm amazed there isn't a manual winder to deploy it in case of software failure.

06 D3 SE / 15 D90 XS SW / 88 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 TI
  • Gareth
    United Kingdom 

I've been driving around the country today, looking at rear lights and brake lights in general. I can tell you that there are loads of makes of cars that have small led brake and indicators. The D5 is not alone. Like Martin says, the high level is the one you see, especially on the motorway.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

They seem alright to me....

• max099
    Austria 

winger: that's in the dark. In the dayligh it is nearly impossible to see the small lateral lights.
    Seriously, there are so many idiots on the roads which don't even see normal lights, let alone that so called brake lights of the D5. It's just stupid and careless what LR did.

D3 - MY 2008 (gone)
    RRS - MY 2010 (gone)
  • max099
    Austria 

Went to the dealer's today to see it in flesh. The lights are really ridiculously small. I just can't believe it.

D3 - MY 2008 (gone)
    RRS - MY 2010 (gone)
  • J77
    Scotland 

I personally don't see what all the fuss is about.

• winger
    United Kingdom 

I agree. The tailgate high stop lamp is huge and bright; the cluster ones are bright too.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

max099 wrote:
    Went to the dealer's today to see it in flesh. The lights are really ridiculously small. I just can't believe it.

Don't buy one then
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum