• DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Yarp Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thanks for the quick reply DG Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well I thought I was imagining things a week past Saturday when I picked the car up, as out of nowhere the car beeped 3 times, as the car infront was slowing down at the traffic lights and I was close behind it. I put it down to the front parking sensors and never thought anything of it until I noticed they were not actived, so I assumed it was maybe something to do with the phase 4 update, as the beeps were different sounding to the front sensor beeps. I was going too ask the question last week but I did not want anyone thinking I was being silly and imagining things 😋.

Anyway I had to nip out today for a message and today was the first time I drove the car since I picked it up just over a week ago. (Mrs had taken my car). Well the same thing happened this evening. Was behind a car which was slowing down at a roundabout and the 3 quick successive beep alert came on again. This time I did check and the front sensors were again not actived. Got home and lo and behold the AEB was switched on and working for the first time. (Funnily enough I have not noticed or seen NO FRONT DECTECTION AVAILABLE message either come to think about it)?

This has really stumped me as the garage told me that the AEB was still not fixed after having the car for 10 days. Told me that it was a software issue and it could be up to 6 weeks before it can be fixed? I was told the phase 4 never managed to sort it. Shocked

(Car will have to be booked in again to sort the AEB and replace the drivers side door card which they managed to gouge out by the drivers seat being removed and the underside metal frame causing the damage).

Begs the question, how has it suddenly started working all of a sudden and can I trust it in the case of an emergency, or worse still could it fail at the time that it's needed most? Shocked

Am speechless tbh and a bit worried with the so called highly trained techs working on it. Are they servicing the car correctly and checking it properly?
    End of the day we are putting 100% trust into the mechanics work and putting our lives in their hands so to speak.

(A work collegues had an accident a few years back as the garage forgot to tighten the wheel nuts on her car after new tyres were put on, and the front wheel fell off at 35mph). Shocked

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I've had quite a few warnings, and one application of the brakes.

A good way to set it off is when a car gives way to you on a narrow road (if they stop in centre to let you pull in/around it) - if you approach fast and then swing in it'll set the alarm off.

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Labbix

I get the warning beeps quite a lot (Albanians drive crazy, they just come from everywhere and then brake in front of your car for instance, I even saw them driving in the wrong direction on the highway for a few km as they missed an exit, I was on the correct side so they were actually driving next to me, but on the wrong side). The 3 beeps come together with a red triangle, but the AEB itself is not working and never has... nor it is selectable
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks DiscoStu. Both occasions the brakes never kicked in as I hit the brakes beforehand, plus I was really close. I initially assumed it was just an audio warning saying that I was too close to the car infront. I never knew what was going on, otherwise I would have left the car to its own devices. but even then was far too close for comfort to let the car do the braking.
    I may let the Mrs do the testing as knowing my luck will end up having a scrape Laughing

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Labbix, i never realised the red triangle. However the AEB is now selectable as the dot stays on when permanently selected. Before, the dot was disappearing after 1 second. I deliberately switched it on and off several times to see if it was not a fluke. Mind you not had any beeps before ever, neither has the Mrs. Am reluctant to let them mess about with it again as far as they think it's still not working and a software issue, but i reckon the phase 4 has sorted it as the beeps only started after I picked the car up after the phase 4 update Rolling Eyes
    (Funnily enough they said they replaced the cars amp and the sensor crackling has been sorted, but it's still popping away. The AEB which is NOT sorted has been).
    I suppose when the windscreen is replaced next week, will know definately if the AEB works as the guy at autoglass advised me that they won't be able to recalibrate the cameras if the AEB is not working. Will post how things go next Tuesday Wink

• Labbix

Road Runner, didn’t you get a yellow ‘information‘ message before telling that the AEB didn’t work? And then a white ‘i’ in the corner of your display?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Labbix, all I got was No Front Detection Available on the the infotainment screen. Can't recall the other 2 messages that your mentioning. Are they coming up on the digi dash or infotainment system?
    I will ask the Mrs as she drives it alot more than I do if she has noticed what your mentioning.
    Any photos, to clarify.
    Thanks

• Labbix

Onto the digital dash behind the steering wheel, I don’t drive the car a lot as I prefer my Passat for the city, but will take pics when I drive it next time. Here 2 vids which I showed my dealer the first day I got the car... (had to make a pic from it, as can’t upload video)
  • Labbix

From the white ‘i’ don’t have a picture yet, will do one later

• Labbix

AEB niet beschikbaar means AEB not available...
  • Labbix

And as you see in the first picture there is the option ‘Naderingsalarm’ which means ‘alarm when getting to close to something else’, it’s just above the AEB setting. I think this is what gives the 3 beeps and the red triangle, so not yours (or mine) AEB which I can’t select. So uncheck this option in your car and see if you are still getting the warning beeps or not. This might give you a think regarding your now selectable AEB Wink
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ok thanks, I will check once she is back from the shops and report later Thumbs Up

• Labbix

Phoned today to the dealer, an official JLR dealer which has exclusivity in this country, regarding my AEB that doesn’t work since day 1. Their answer (from the service manager): if you would have bought that option it would have worked... WTF, after 100 days this is what they come up with?? It’s even a standard feature!! So even if I didn’t want it, it would have been there. Am totally losing my believe in the brand and how they do their testing, checks and dealer selection. What a rip off this is becoming.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum