Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• forever
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Silicon Silver

AEB

Anybody got AEB working its enabled but don't ever see a warning etc as per the handbook
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Try driving at a wall and see what happens.

Err hang on got a better suggestion get two mates to hold a bed sheet up in a car park and drive towards that Thumbs Up
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I had a near miss today and I would have thought the AEB would have kicked in.

On a serious note, is there any way to check?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Cant even engage our one, as the light goes out within 1 second of enabling it on the dash settings.
    (Check that the light stays on after selecting it, as if not, its not engaged !!!)
    Also get a No Forward Traffic Detection Available message as well if its not working. Sad
    Always stick an empty cardboard box in front of it. too test it. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

I've had a couple of AEB warning sounds but no actual application of the brakes as yet. Usually happens when a vehicle coming in the other direction has stopped to give you priority and you drive at them before changing direction back to your side of the road at the last second.

Remember before practicing that there is no absolute guarantee by the manufacturer that an impact won't take place ...just that the impact will be diminished. Whistle
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Also it won't detect everything (sheets, walls, cardboard boxes I imagine fall into this category) :

The AEB system uses forward-facing cameras to detect real vehicles and pedestrians, plus other certified Euro NCAP target objects. AEB is not designed to detect any other objects, including non-industry approved targets.

Be careful out there with your non certified object collision testing Rolling with laughter

The check light is just that - it's checks the system has no faults and then goes off. There is no 'active' indication. If you have no warning light or error message - its on and active Thumbs Up

Example of its powers over on the Disco Sport forum:
    https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8895

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Oh well, any one got a crash test dummy or a mannequin i can borrow?Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Update on my car where AEB is only selectable for a second. Went in for another 3 days, cameras were changed, but problem persisted (front assistance still not working neither). JLR contacted again and waiting, again, for a fix... so for the people who still have to bring their car in: good luck with the camera change, but don’t expect too much of it. If your dealer would know the solution, please keep me posted! Thx
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Censored Censored Censored

Thanks for the update though. I will post once cars back, in mid July sometime.

Has too be in for 4 days, before they can even raise a case though Shocked

So probably have the car in for a whole week i assume.

Just out of curiosity, is it an HSE LUX that you have ???

Am sure on the FE that it was working which was essentially an HSE LUX with a few extras added on.

Am beginning too suspect it may be a model specific issue.

My friend also has an HSE LUX with the exact same problem that we have Sad

• Labbix

Yes HSE lux my 18, the MY18 rr sports here have the same issues
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

We are MY18 HSE LUX also Rolling Eyes

• Labbix

more specific, mine was built beginning of March (and only got it in May): AEB, front assist & hotspot not working (no connection possible to phones, only bluetooth, but no internet at all, they are still questioning JLR for this as well) and all this from day 1.

You would think they do a check before the cars leave the factory...
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ours was ready for pick up on 2nd of March.
    Not even tried the hotspot, but the sim card I purchased works fine for watching you tube. (I gather your using the mobile as a hotspot?)
    Mobiles work fine when connecting via blue tooth also.
    Yes you would have thought check this all at predelivery, but with so many cars rolling off the production line I think they are probably checking random cars Rolling Eyes

• Labbix

No possibility for a SIM card, and yes I have an almost full option HSE lux, costing a nice 100000€, but for the Balkan countries Land Rover was so friendly not to give this option to his customers... so only option to connect to the internet is by the hotspot and phone, which is not working...
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

DG wrote:
    I've had a couple of AEB warning sounds but no actual application of the brakes as yet. Usually happens when a vehicle coming in the other direction has stopped to give you priority and you drive at them before changing direction back to your side of the road at the last second.

Remember before practicing that there is no absolute guarantee by the manufacturer that an impact won't take place ...just that the impact will be diminished. Whistle

Am I correct in saying that the AEB gives 3 beeps in quick succession?

If not, then what does it sound like?

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum