Just a mo.

Last edited by Darras on 11th Feb 2021 10:39 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Insurance backed. Thumbs Up

• SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

My warranty expired at the end of Jan this year, I took out the LR extended with assistance warranty as I did on my D4 which in the 7 years I had it with 4 years LR Extended I always got my money’s worth and had the joy of knowing there would never be any quibbles if I had any problems.
    So for me it was a No brainer I know it’s a bit more expensive but just want the peace of mind.
    Thumbs Up
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I am hovering between LR and Automotion. I’ve read up on the T&C and there doesn’t seem to be any drawbacks tbh.

No excess, repaired at main dealership subject to approval. AA cover chucked in and MOT insurance all for £420 for the year.

That said, I don’t need it until the summer.
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 

Never heard of them I always have a look at company history, capital and directors Whistle
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 

Oops double post Embarassed
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Thanks Windy Miller! Tim in Scotland - that was the guy. Remember his posts well, it was around the time that I was considering a RRS.

There were quite a few of us at the time that jumped ship due the engine/warranty issues. Off the top of my head there were 4 or 5 of us all reaching 3 years old and nowhere to go.

I have missed my RRS, so I'm looking forward to getting back into the 'chair' again. The way these cars can cover large miles so effortlessly is something no other manufacturer can match, IMO.

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I found the deeper you looked the less impressive the aftermarket warranties became, The biggest issue was maximum payout per item/claim and IIRC as mentioned in other posts, a replacement engine, if you're unfortunate to need one, is in the region of £15k, most 3rd party warranties are capped much lower than this figure. At least with the LR warranty I know everything is covered no matter what the cost. Granted, the premium is higher but I've learnt in life, you only get what you pay for.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

al cope wrote:
    Is that myauto product an insurance backed scheme or discretionary like motoreasy

Al

taken from their website:

Automotion Warranty is sold and administered by FirstBase (Future Marketing) Limited (“FBFM”) a limited company (registered in England and Wales. registered number: 0803554) Registered Office: 5 Clements Court, Clements Lane, Ilford, Essex IG1 2QY P: +44(0)20 8553 4076 and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register number (FRN: 590013).

The Insurer is QBE UK Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, registration number 202842. QBE UK Limited (registered in England with company number 1761561) Registered office:
    This website is administered by FirstBase Future Marketing Limited (FBFM) a limited company registered in England and Wales.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Just did a quick quote on my 2017 D5 Td6 HSE, says £928.80 for their Gold coverage (only one offered)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Strange, for my 2018 one, it was just over £400. Confused
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

mordred1973 wrote:
    Just did a quick quote on my 2017 D5 Td6 HSE, says £928.80 for their Gold coverage (only one offered)

I had a similar quote for 2017 model but reduced to just over £580 with £150 XS.

Seems a decent price but I cant see much of a track record online re quality of customer service / ease of claims etc.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Nope, there doesn’t seem to be one ATM, but the small print seems ok & the price is interesting.
  • davidls
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

I too have been considering the extended warranties as my SD4 will be 3 in March 2021. It’s only done 12200 miles as shortly after buying I got a company car that I use all the time.
    Don’t want to sell the LR as work is iffy at the moment but the warranty cost is huge, my dads BMW X5 extended warranty is only £522 annually and covers wear and tear.
    Will probably opt for the LR warranty for peace of mind.

2018 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, Black Roof Rails, 21” 9 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Detachable Towbar, Air Ioniser, Side Steps
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Received an email yesterday with regards to the LR extended warranty. Not sure if we are going to take a gamble, as only done 1000 miles in last 12 months, all town driving. As I mentioned before LR give a 5 year warranty in other countries, so my logic is that it should be fine, as only issues so far have been software issues, and engine wise it's been fine.
    Unsure if the lockdown will be another 12 months, with another year of low mileage, so it's just money down the drain.
    Wifes working from home, so am using both cars, alternating weekly, so as to stop the batteries going flat.
    The LR price is extortionate. (My cars less than half that for an extended warranty).

Has anyone dealt with Click 4 Warranty before.

They are giving me 36 months for the same price as the LR 12 months Shocked

12 and 36 month prices respectively for the 5 star warranty with 24 months price being in between roughly. Any feedback or thoughts appreciated Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum