Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Well, I ordered mine on 22nd May. I got a delivery date of 1st October. Late August, the delivery date got pushed back to 1st November which remained unchanged until I got a call yesterday (30th September) to say it had arrived!

I can't get a day off work to actually get it until Friday.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    Ade wrote:
    BigCol66 wrote:
    My order has been pushed back yet again . Told today that delivery is expected about mid December. It was supposed to be built early October. Ordered way back at the end of March. ☹️

I usually receive an update on the first week of the month, so will see what next beings!

Last update for me was delivery to the dealer of 26th November, and that was me placing the order on 24th March

What extras have you ordered? maybe they have a big effect on delivery date.

I ordered the HUD and deployable tow bar plus a few other things. Maybe it's the HUD which is delaying. my car.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Ade
    United Kingdom 

Thats me just got my update to say the date has slipped again Big Cry

So its now showing as delivery on the 24th December Shocked

So if it does arrive then, that will be 9 months from the initial order on the 24th March

The only extras that I can think of effecting my order is the deployable tow bar and high/low range box
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

Could be the towbar

I’ve just ordered a hse dynamic and wanted a deployable towbar dealer convinced me to go with removable again he said I could be waiting a year for it. Same for HUD.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Won’t chase my dealer again just yet on this but I’ve got all the options at least that are electronic. Seems a lot of you that ordered earlier are moving to the Nov / Dec date. I started off with November so maybe why it hadn’t moved initially.

Could be they’ve built some of these and are sitting in parking lots waiting for a few chips to arrive so they can finish them off and ship them? I know someone car companies are going this way so they can at least keep production lines working.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

JonM wrote:
    Well, I ordered mine on 22nd May. I got a delivery date of 1st October. Late August, the delivery date got pushed back to 1st November which remained unchanged until I got a call yesterday (30th September) to say it had arrived!

I can't get a day off work to actually get it until Friday.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

That’s great news. Gives me some confidence I might get mine mid November then.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

Hopefully. It got delivered to me today. I've spent all afternoon trying to find the menu options to set it up how I want and move the dascam from the old one to the new one.

I did find time to take it for a short drive. 🤣

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Glad to hear at least a few D5s are being built and delivered. 👍

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Had an update yesterday and my order is apparently still waiting for a build slot. I am seriously thinking that my order might get cancelled by LR as my car is considerably cheaper than what they are asking for MY23 cars.

• JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

I am thinking the same re my order. I asked my dealer out right and they hadn't heard anything.

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

There are people on the facebook group reporting that they have been told that they are going to get a MY23 car, at MY23 prices and no discounts available. They aren't happy.

It's not clear if they actually have a contract that will require the dealer to supply a vehicle as specified at the agreed price. Shocked

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

I doubt any dealer would be caught out predicting what prices would be like 12 months down the road.

That’s always been one of my main doubts, you are agreeing to give your dealer a blank cheque. They can charge what they like in the knowledge if you walk away, there’s always someone else who will pay for your build slot.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

That sounds like bait and switch….

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

My guess is that LR are directing more of the available chips to the new Range Rover as they will make more profit from them.

• FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Will phone up and chase mine next week when I’m back in the UK as not heard anything but last I’d heard I’d be having it arriving at the dealer mid next month.

I’d hope they aren’t being underhand around already committed sales. Also be hard to know if that was LR doing it or individual dealers. If they feel your car order isn’t worth it anymore then possible they might just keep pushing the date back on the hope you cancel naturally.

Dealer could do this with fake dates, you cancel and then sell your car on to someone else when it comes in at a much higher price. If you don’t cancel all of a sudden you get a call that it turned up early (AKA when it was always going to turn up) That’s the cynical side of me…
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum