Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gavsta

Bill, you must be delighted.

That's an amazing turnaround from the cargo ship, to being released from the port and transferred to the dealership. Very speedy indeed.

Looking forward to hearing your first impressions.
  • Craigp
    England 

I see now the D250 engine is currently suspended.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicle-availability.html

Contacted my dealer and they said there had not heard that and will get back to me.
  • gavsta

Dealers must be reeling from this. Imagine the damage to their order books, across all models. .

Got to feel for them.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    I see now the D250 engine is currently suspended.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicle-availability.html

Contacted my dealer and they said there had not heard that and will get back to me.

Ha, commercial 6-9 months! Mine must had drowned in the pool waiting 10 months for build date…..
  • Craigp
    England 

So what's the difference between the D250 and D300. To be honest I just thought the D300 was just tuned different. Must admit the £5/6 k difference did make me think they were taking the P but wondered if the car was upgraded brakes etc to cope. I await being schooled. Rolling Eyes
  • gavsta

JLR are focusing on premium models across the range, with, I assume, a higher margin.

With a limited supply of cars, ensuring each Discovery is a D300 must benefit JLR's bottom line.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

It would be interesting to know what physical differences there are between the D250 and D300 if there is any or is this purely all bottom line for JLR.
  • lipscow

Car has arrived two weeks to the year from order, was nice to see it sitting on the dealer four-court shame about the rain when picking it up.

I think the analogue dials will take a while to adapt to. My RRS had the interactive Dash.

D300 HSE R-Dynamic
    Carpathian Grey premium paint
    22 Alloys
    Heated steering wheel
    Heat washer Jets
    Electric deployable tow bar
    Full Size spare wheel
    Opening front sun roof
    Contrast black roof
    Privacy glass
    Front fog lights, yes they are an extra now, shocking.

Bill

Will post back once I have used it for a couple of week.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Sounds a good spec. Has it got the Matrix lights?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • lipscow

Morning Matrix headlights are standard on the R-Dynamic HSE.

Bill
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Did you purchase the pro tracker subscription, just wondering if it is worth paying extra. The dealer I spoke to today said you have to have the subscription to get the car insured. I thought this might be sales talk.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Mine came already activated for a year. You can log into in control and get the certificate to provide to your insurance company. As it is standard factory equipment the insurance quote I had was based on it being active.

Judging by the state some recovered cars come back in, not sure I would have it beyond a year unless the insurance savings really outweigh the cost.

I guess I find out in a years time when I get my quotes.

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • gavsta

When finalising the ill fated MY22 build, I called my insurers and asked about the additional discount for the S5 rated Tracker Pro, over the S7 Tracker. The answer, was none, and I was informed that allowing the standard tracker subscription to lapse, wouldn’t change the premiums.

Obviously, everyone’s circumstances are different, but it’s worth a call to your insurers, if you are making the decision on a financial basis. I simply wanted to know if the Tracker Pro upgrade would save money, and was surprised by the response, having had trackers on performance cars, which can be a prerequisite for some insurers.

Does the Tracker Pro have an additional fob which must accompany the key?
  • Craigp
    England 

Still trying to find out how to progress my build which comprises of the D250 engine. Had discussions with the Sales manager and informed that the my2023 is to be superceded by an upgrade my2023/A or similar prefix. He's hopeful that my order will be protected but the new prefix comes with a price increase of around £3k. No idea what the new build will comprise of but probably removing more tech.
  • gavsta

lipscow wrote:
    Will post back once I have used it for a couple of week.

Bill, keen to know how you've been getting on with the new Disco. How's the ride on the 22's?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum