Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gavsta

Orders - 2023MY

How does one go about requesting an Orders - 2023MY category?

Many MY22 orders, appear to have been unfulfilled, cancelled or resubmitted as MY23, it would be nice to see those discussions in one place.

I've heard that dealers are seeing one or two Discos each month, so some people are receiving their cars.
  • Discosam77
    United Kingdom 

Yes, Agreed. It would be nice to know how others are getting on. D300 orders seem to be moving, would be good to hear from others with D250 orders… I’m currently circa 10 months in!!!😩
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I ordered a month ago, and the dealer showed me the MY23 lead time forms from LR, and they suggested 6-9 months for a Metropolitan Edition, or 9-12 months for an HSE. That's all I know...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • lipscow

I order my HSE Dynamic D300 may 14 2021, it went to build 3rd March 2022 and have been told to expect delivery April this month.

Does any one know how long from Build lockdown to delivery to the customer. LR are very bad at keeping customers informed, if I did not like the brand would have walked away by now. anybody had any good experience lately with LR.

Bill
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

My D300 SE was at build lock down on 3rd Feb, built on the 1st March and delivered to me on 25th March.

Jon

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

My D300 RDyanmic SE was delivered mid March after reordering from August when the order book for MY23 opened this year

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • lipscow

How are you finding the analogue display, rather than the interactive dash?

Bill
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Bill,

It’s different.

I still prefer the interactive but the tft between the dials is ok for the most part. It is noticeably busier as it’s more squashed. The maps aren’t as user friendly as the interactive just because they are smaller. To be fair the other display options do work well in the analogue/tft combo. I think it’s just the map that is awkward.

What I didn’t realise is how much I relied on the digital speed read out inside the speedo on the interactive. Whilst the analogue/tft combo provides the same functionality, it’s not inside the speedo dial so is a little disjointed- I am looking twice to read my speed- once at the analogue dial and then looking for the digital elsewhere. I don’t know why I do that but I do!

The other indications for ride height, parking brake and lights etc… feel a bit thrown in where they would fit. The lack of real estate has clearly compromised the aesthetics but I probably only notice as I had interactive display for 4 years.

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • lipscow

Many thanks for the enclosed nice to see the analogue dash as I have had 3 Range Rover sports with the interactive display. I only ordered the discovery as a change until the new sport was released in May
    this year not knowing it would take a year for the discovery to arrive.

I will take delivery of the discovery this month and order the new sport next month for delivery in December this year.

Then trade in the Discovery,

Many thanks
    Bill
  • sdbsjb
    United Kingdom 

UK orders

Just got my build slot for mid June with delivery in mid July. Order placed in Sept 2021. Dynamic SE 3L. I'll have to go back on the configurator now and remember what I wanted Smile
  • Martin
    Site Admin and Owner
    United Kingdom 

Moved to new 2023MY orders section Smile

06 D3 SE / 15 D90 XS SW / 88 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 TI
  • gavsta

Thank you, Martin.
  • Discosam77
    United Kingdom 

lipscow wrote:
    I order my HSE Dynamic D300 may 14 2021, it went to build 3rd March 2022 and have been told to expect delivery April this month.

Does any one know how long from Build lockdown to delivery to the customer. LR are very bad at keeping customers informed, if I did not like the brand would have walked away by now. anybody had any good experience lately with LR.

Bill

When I spoke to JLR they said it’s a month to delivery from build, and build is about a month before lockdown, so I guess two months. Have you got your car yet?

I’ve changed onto a D3000 and now got a build date of June and delivery of July. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
  • lipscow

Hi Have ben told it is on a ship from the factory and should arrive next week, that will be a year from last may since ordering, will post some picture if it arrives.

Bill
  • lipscow

Have had a call from the dealer car has arrived and will pick it up this Saturday two weeks short of a year from order to delivery.

Also to my surprise they honoured the price I singed for at the time of ordering the Discovery in May 2021.

Bill
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum