Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gavsta

BigCol66 wrote:
    To be fair it was 13.5%. You can currently only get 3% on a new order.

That is an excellent deal.

Lots of people flipping vehicles right now, for obvious reasons. There's a privately listed Metropolitan Edition, up for £89k on Autotrader, with 30 miles on the clock.

I've been allocated a build date, in September, and I am looking forward to my Charente Grey Disco (let's be honest, my brown Disco).
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I got a very good deal on mine when I brought it 11 months ago and have just been offered 5K more than I paid for it with 7K miles on it, not selling though

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Craigp
    England 

Just got a email for a Land Rover off road experience half day. Now I've had these before but can't remember at what time sequence. So does this mean A/ Land Rover have just received my order that was placed 10 months ago. B/ They've Taken my order from the pool and about to issue a build date. Or C/ My dealer has got sick of me whingeing and put a sweetener in to tide me over until my build gets picked up.

Tried to ring but they all appear to be out or busy Shocked
  • gavsta

B, Craig

Very Happy
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Probably the latter. I got mine after delivery.

You can build them up if you like. I’ve got 6 half days from purchases. They seem to be valid indefinitely.

I’ve been on them before, they were okay, but I got bored, so I wouldn’t go on another tbh.

Ill see if the eldest and his girlfriend want to have a day. You can combine them. Not sure if she just has a Domestic Chinese Driving Licence and if they would accept that mind you.
  • Champ1

I would say option 3 seems most likely unfortunately. Normally they don’t arrive until after delivery

I’ve done three experience days now so will probably give my next one away to friends or family. They’re a bit of fun but are fairly samey. It’s a shame you cant trade them in for the self drive off-road days they do.
  • Craigp
    England 

I was getting quite excited after Gavsta's reply now feeling depressed after the other replies. I think I'm going with the 1st reply. Very Happy
  • gavsta

I figured B, as I got my build date and experience email, within a couple of days.

I assume you won't get an experience day, unless you're getting a car. An order, unfortunately, means very little, as many of us can testify.
  • Craigp
    England 

Yep totally convinced now. What could possibly go wrong. Rolling Eyes
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Think LR marry it up to a delivered order. When I registered the LR Experience, they could tell when and where I’d purchased the car.
  • gavsta

Perhaps LR customer service has improved Laughing, and they are trying to generate goodwill. Those getting a build slot, have likely been waiting a long time.
  • Craigp
    England 

Or its like the old Game Shows with " And heres what you could have had" Big Cry
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

Also received my experience day today but with no firm build date. Will pop the dealer a mail tomorrow to see if it's on the system.

It could be with the fewer cars they are building they have more open slots at the experience centres.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Email from dealer to say vehicle been allocated a MY23.5 build slot exactly 12months from placing order .

Delivered date of the 23rd December 2022 but is likely to change!

Not for the better i bet…..
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Email from dealer to say vehicle been allocated a MY23.5 build slot exactly 12months from placing order .

Delivered date of the 23rd December 2022 but is likely to change!

Not for the better i bet…..
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum