Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Well got the car back this afternoon - Its still faulty!

They told me they couldn't get it to fail and that it could be intermittent. I tested it at the dealership and there was no double beep, so I thought it was sorted (even though they didn't do anything!)

However, got the car home and the first time I went to go out in it I got the two beeps again! Evil or Very Mad

So i'm going to record this as a video on my phone and drop back into the dealership to prove I wasn't telling porkies! Bet i've got to wait yet another 3 or 4 weeks for another time when I can get a loan car with them.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Snow foamed the dust magnet again today.

Becoming a Saturday chore now which I was hoping too avoid Rolling Eyes

Replaced all 4 LR badges with black and silver ones.

Replaced all the dust caps with the LR ones.

Fitted the rigid boot liner.

(Received a parcel from the dealer. They kindly sent up the Luxury carpet mats as they gave me the Premium ones instead when I picked car up and forgot too give me the trailer number plate).

So I hoovered the interior out and took out the Halfords mats that we have been using, and replaced them with the Luxury mats.

Fixed the number plate onto the trailer.

I now have a spare set of new rubber mats, a rigid boot liner, and a set of premium mats, black with blue piping, if anyone is interested. PM me) Thumbs Up

I forgot too tell the Mrs that I had all the above from the FE in storage and she ended up purchasing all the above. She incorrectly assumed I had given them back with the car when it was rejected. I am reluctant too tell her that she has ordered doubles. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 21st Apr 2018 11:04 pm. Edited 3 times in total
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Oh I forgot too mention that I also fitted the 24gb data sim and fitted the drivers seat cover which arrived today. Cracking quality and excellent fit. Never had a cream one so opted for the sand colour. Alot easier too take off for washing purposes than the tight fitting LR ones, and alot cheaper.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Took of the black wheel caps which I also fitted yesterday. Don't suit the car and makes wheels look smaller and dated. Only bought them as I thought would compliment the badges.

Trying too take off the paddle extensions but are stuck solid. Even applying the hairdryer is not helping Big Cry
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Took all season Pirelli OEM tyres from garage. And put up for sale
  • Craigp
    England 

Drove from hailsham. To Canterbury only 60 mile but the road we choose (That's me and the sat nav) were horrendous surposed to be A roads but for most parts I've been on bigger farm tracks. The wife got it in the ear as clearly her fault. Oh well chilling now in the 24 deg heat.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Looks and sounds nice and warm...we had 3" of snow again yesterday. Second Winter is a month late...but that's springtime in the Rockies for ya. More snow this month in town than in all of winter up until this point....
  • Craigp
    England 

Most of the UK has had a great week for the time of year. Actually for anytime of year. Dropped very lucky with our holiday. Still, we have another week or two for normal service too resume. Crying or Very sad
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Today it was a van. Tip (Recycling Centre) time.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

Finally found an hour to fit the BlackVue Very Happy
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I grumbled about the weather over Saturday!

Lots of nice, sunny weather most of last week, ended with a big thunderstorm on Saturday (see picture).

Typical, must be something about the chemicals I use to wash the car - they always seem to make it rain!! Rolling with laughter

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Quick trip to hever castle.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Just wondering if they built the car yet........

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

rogersmj wrote:
    I grumbled about the weather over Saturday!

Lots of nice, sunny weather most of last week, ended with a big thunderstorm on Saturday (see picture).

Typical, must be something about the chemicals I use to wash the car - they always seem to make it rain!! Rolling with laughter

Great photo 👍🏻

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Snow foamed the car and powerwashed it afterwards.

(The amount of pollen fallout during the week had left a blanket of fine dust all over it. Was only washed last weekend, and mixed with the rain during the week seemed too just make the pollen stick even more too the bodywork, leading too blotchy water stains all over it) Crying or Very sad

Then I finally got round too putting the gloss black vents onto the bonnet, after I had prepped the car. Dont look too bad even if I say so myself Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum