Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dropped off car this morning for the 19B update.

Now been told that apple/android carplay is not included, and is a chargeable extra at £200 Rolling Eyes

Interesting too see what we get, once the cars picked up later this evening.

Anyone got apple car play or android snapshots? Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

I took a mate and his 5 year old son out for a spin in my i8..... the young lad kept on asking to go in the D5 instead, so we went home, parked up the i8 and took the Disco out. He was so excited. I took them on a bit of very mild green lane down here, it was wet and slidey but he was loving it as the mud splattered up the sides. I let his Dad drive who has a D4 and he could not believe the difference, so much so that today he went to the dealership and put a deposit on a used MY18 HSE with his D4 as a deposit.

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Dropped off car this morning for the 19B update.

Now been told that apple/android carplay is not included, and is a chargeable extra at £200 Rolling Eyes

Interesting too see what we get, once the cars picked up later this evening.

Anyone got apple car play or android snapshots? Thumbs Up

Theres an article on facebook from LR website confirming its a complimentary upgrade including Smartphone pack...

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks for confirming that Mordred1973 Thumbs Up

I asked last week when I popped into the dealer and they said yes, but this morning I was told no. Its £200.

Someone posted last week on the forum that Apple carplay was free with the 19B upgrade.

Dont have Facebook am afraid, so will just google it.

Also mentioned that the spare is showing low pressure, so they can deal with it.

Not getting drenched in the horrendous rain we are getting today Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • John77
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White

First post is what I have done today. Had my HSE SDV6 for a few weeks now and loving it. Upgraded from a DS that was 100% reliable and experienced none of the issues that others live with.
    I installed the 19B software update following info found here and on FB.
    When checking for update the car was telling me it was up to date. I rang my dealer and the service department actioned the SOTA switch at their end. Once done I could download and install the 19B update. Apple/Android carplay is included free in this update.

MY19 HSE SDV6 Fuji White - roof rails + bars, privacy glass, HUD, adaptive LED, deployable tow bar, 360º cameras, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Welcome to the flock John77 Smile
    Thanks for that, appreciate it Thumbs Up

Last time something similar happened, and the dealer never knew about it. Seems the dealer is the last too know about what the updates entail Rolling Eyes

I would not have been happy shelling out £200 for a potential freebie.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 8th Oct 2019 7:10 am. Edited 1 time in total

• pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Bought a set of gloss black 20" 5011's with 275/55 BFG KO2''s as well one for a real spare! Very Happy

MY 2019 Fuji White SDV6 HSE Luxury with Dynamic 2, 360 cam, Head Up, 5011 gloss black 22", Pimento pinstriped black leather...
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Picked up car this afternoon with 19B and SOTA enabled. However told me there is a charge for apple carplay, even though I told them that it's apparently part of the smartphone upgrade pack.

I now have to email them proof, even though I told them that LR had posted this up on Facebook.

Any of you nice chaps got a link for this that you can post? Thumbs Up

I asked, do you not get bulletins of what the updates involve, or emails?

Was told last week that they were not sure 19b is out yet, even though I assured them I have seen photos of it, and it's been out at least a month Shocked

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 8th Oct 2019 12:41 am. Edited 3 times in total

• John77
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White

This links has the release notes for 19B
    https://www.ovalnews.com/

MY19 HSE SDV6 Fuji White - roof rails + bars, privacy glass, HUD, adaptive LED, deployable tow bar, 360º cameras, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks John77 Thumbs Up

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Dash cam wire was disconnected, and not even reconnected. Just left dangling. Could have easily left the pin half way out the socket. Not impressed as been pulled out right across the top of the headliner. If you have to disconnect, at least have the common courtesy of reconnecting it, and leave stuff the way you originally found it Censored Rolling Eyes

Cars been in before several times, yet never unplugged it before. It's LR policy apparently, apparently to do with data protection.
    Bit puzzled as they have cameras all around the showroom and the workshop.

• craigblues
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Road Runner 2017 wrote:

Slightly off topic but how did you mount and wore your road angel? 😁 Very Happy
  • craigblues
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:

• craigblues
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ran the cable from the cigarette lighter in the top glove box, all the way around left pillar and around the windscreen to the middle of it, where the unit is. No cutting wires, or hardwiring as I did not want to void the LR warranty. (Any excuse). I used plastic trim removers to feed the wiring between the panels. These won't damage or mark any panels.
    There is a dash mount and a windscreen mount. As we have the Meridian sound system, there is a speaker right in the middle, where the RA sits. So I did not use the dash mount. Instead purchased the windscreen mount. Looks like a floating shelf, and it sits about 1 cm above the speaker grill. Will post a few photos tomorrow. Just upgraded to the latest RA, which is due at the end of October. 2 new models released, with one having an inbuilt dash cam.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum