Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• craigblues
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Rolling with laughter I actually quite like the silver as good contrast with calliper and brake disc behind but admittedly only had it a couple of weeks so give it time.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Finally got around to doing the Dunkeld LR Experience day yesterday, near Perth.
    Was an awesome day, as we did the more advanced course, pushing the car to its limits.
    Car was like a mountain goat, really impressive, just wearing standard factory 20" tyres.

First time in the new SD6 engine, and I was seriously impressed on the road run.

Far better pick up than the TD6 and plenty of torque. Very responsive throttle. It felt on par with the SI6 petrol, if not faster. Just felt as if I was driving our own car. A bit more vocal sounding from the engine department, compared to the SI6, but still very refined. Definitely recommend it.

After seeing the newer improved HUD, with the offroading features, it was really good. I thought it may have been a distraction, but possibly be ticking the box, on the next car.

Took lots of photos and videos along with go-pro footage. Kids absolutely loved it Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I went to Dunkeld a few years back. It was okay. I spent the half day with Gilbert going round the track rather than out on the road. I’d done a full week off road training on a Defender with another organisation, so didn’t learn much I didn’t know.

I’ve now banked 6 Experience half days. Last time I added to it, LR suggested I make a full day of it, but can’t be bothered. I’ll maybe let the boy have a full day of he wants. He can always take some of his Uni mates.
  • Labbix

I have done 4 of them at Gerotek, near Pretoria, RSA, loved all 4 of them! Would definitely recommend.
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Land Rover experience day in Lithgow west of Sydney today.
    Great day out. Really enjoyed learning about and testing out all the programs.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dangerdave wrote:
    I went to Dunkeld a few years back. It was okay. I spent the half day with Gilbert going round the track rather than out on the road. I’d done a full week off road training on a Defender with another organisation, so didn’t learn much I didn’t know.

I’ve now banked 6 Experience half days. Last time I added to it, LR suggested I make a full day of it, but can’t be bothered. I’ll maybe let the boy have a full day of he wants. He can always take some of his Uni mates.

As much as I think I know quite a bit, I still learned a few tips and tricks, what with all the new tech in the D5.

I remember the first session I had in the D2 several years back. Was just a case of using the Hi/Low and you were sorted.

Alot easier now that the car has HDC, with cameras all round, The diff stuff is displayed on the infotainment system and HUD.

Car does most of the work for you nowadays.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Took mine to see the colours

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Labbix

Around Tirana:

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Got it dirty. Dusty anyway. Took 2 friends along around Sunny Corner, NSW - about 150km west of Sydney.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • gavinadams
    Australia 

Looks like a great little trip Ron.
    I did some back burning off fire trails on Sunday around Cooranbong.

Keen to get my D5 up around there

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I'm not keen on doing the Watagans any more, last time I went my D4 got scratched to high heaven. Lots of overgrown tracks there. Muddy too, after getting on to the M1 I had to pull over and get the mud off the rims as the wheels were a bit unbalanced.

I got through this (car went into extended mode), the Toymota was next and had to be pulled out. Then we found the track was blocked further up so went back trough it again Smile

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • gavinadams
    Australia 

that's deep.

I can guarantee you that there is Censored all mud where I've been fighting fires.
    It's dry, very dry

• pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

[quote="Labbix"]Around Tirana:

Wow! And now you’re leaving it all behind....

MY 2019 Fuji White SDV6 HSE Luxury with Dynamic 2, 360 cam, Head Up, 5011 gloss black 22", Pimento pinstriped black leather...
  • Labbix

Not now, from July next year Wink Albania is a stunning country, nature wise, but am pretty sure it will be beaten by Tanzania!
  • pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Ah, ok 😀 I’m sure Tanzania will be a fantastic experience as Albania probably have been too! 😀

MY 2019 Fuji White SDV6 HSE Luxury with Dynamic 2, 360 cam, Head Up, 5011 gloss black 22", Pimento pinstriped black leather...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum