Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) S Corris Grey

eelpout wrote:
    I had confirmation today that there indeed is a system difference between the model ‘17 and later years; that year’s Disco is apparently built on Ford’s older SDD system before they switched to Pathfinder, if you want to get get nerdy. The ‘17 is sort of emulating later years Pathfinder at this point.

So... time for me to let the text messaging thing go. Smile

Not sure where you got your information from but that is not correct.

All L462 models are built on Pathfinder ( I use it on a daily basis) and 2017 models, UK spec at least, support Text read out.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

My MY17 HSE only does text (inc whatsapp and facebook) read out if i have phone plugged in and therefore Android auto open. If phone is just on bluetooth all it does it make and answer calls.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

My19 and my20 both support read out from iPhone for sure

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

but not over blutooth, only via ACP from what I can see

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

My MY18 did read out texts over Bluetooth, but it was very intermittent. Never did work out what made it worked/didn’t. Once car play came along and I switched to using that connection it has been flawless.

So yes, text readout over Bluetooth, but CarPlay way better.

Jon
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

thats a bit like my "Hey Google" that sometimes works in the car sometimes doesn't unless I touch the icon on the screen first....doesn't appear to be any logic in when it does and doesn't work

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Cradgebank wrote:
    eelpout wrote:
    I had confirmation today that there indeed is a system difference between the model ‘17 and later years; that year’s Disco is apparently built on Ford’s older SDD system before they switched to Pathfinder, if you want to get get nerdy. The ‘17 is sort of emulating later years Pathfinder at this point.

So... time for me to let the text messaging thing go. Smile

Not sure where you got your information from but that is not correct.

All L462 models are built on Pathfinder ( I use it on a daily basis) and 2017 models, UK spec at least, support Text read out.

well. not on my MY17. it is one of the early ones though, delivered in March of '17, maybe that's the difference. no support for text read out, except for through Android Auto on the cable, but that's completely different.

Last edited by eelpout on 21st Mar 2020 6:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

My car had latest SW update done and I have now lost text readout. Is that correct ?

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

Re: Text message read out.

Russell wrote:
    Anyone else got the car to notify you when a text message comes in and then get it to display on the screen? Any info appreciated please.

Yep my 19 my does it, I’m sure it’s in the driver options somewhere but can’t say for now if the sat nav screen or the thumb switch on the wheel.
    Sorry..
  • winmar
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

You can find Messages in the Live App (from main screen the 2nd screen to the right). You must have registered an in control account and after login on the Live App the messages work. However, only when connected via Bluetooth. If you use Apple CarPlay, the Messages are not available as Apple CarPlay takes over..

D5 HSE - Delivered! Smile & D3 HSE 60 Years Edition - preparing full tlc and MOT pass
    D2 Highlander - Gone but not forgotten
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

Hi
    My Disco always asks if I want a new text read out, it doesn't just do it. And it seems to only work with the phn that is used for your contacts, it doesn't work with my work phn, not that, that bothers me at all..

It's a useful function in case you are needed urgently I feel, Id hate to loose it...

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum