Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

18my S & SE now get ictp with 10 inch screen but no cd player, text readout works on my SE

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I have a MY17 HSE with ICTP and CD player, zero menu options for text message readout.

But, Android Auto works well when I'm using my phone as the media source, just doesn't mirror to the car's display.
  • Craigp
    England 

My 2017 SE reads out texts perfectly the only problem is no one sends me any. Big Cry Big Cry
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Whats your number Craig?

Easy send you a Censored load of text messages Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Craigp
    England 

999 that should get through to me. And please don't hold back. Laughing
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

I have the option for messages on my phone checked ...the icon on the D5 screen appears...however it says "Messages not available" when I ask it to read them .....any ideas anyone? Confused
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Ask Red Merle? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

DG wrote:
    I have the option for messages on my phone checked ...the icon on the D5 screen appears...however it says "Messages not available" when I ask it to read them .....any ideas anyone? Confused

There’s always one Rolling Eyes

Not seen that one Confused

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • davidls
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

Re: Text message read out.

Russell wrote:
    Anyone else got the car to notify you when a text message comes in and then get it to display on the screen? Any info appreciated please.

Hi Russell, I have a MY2018 HSE with Incontrol Pro and CD player hidden behind the comfort controls and have an iPhone 8.
    It appears that messages aren’t automatically set-up between the car and phone when adding it by Bluetooth. If you go back into Bluetooth settings on an iPhone and touch the “i” beside the Landrover connection (you don’t need to be in the car) slide the “show notifications” to On - it’s off by default.
    This then adds messages to the phone options on the car and when you receive a text connected to the car you get a noise, notification on the screen and an option for it to be read out.
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

DG wrote:

I have seen messages fail - ones that are just smileys, and one that was numbers (weirdly)

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Re: Text message read out.

davidls wrote:
    Russell wrote:
    Anyone else got the car to notify you when a text message comes in and then get it to display on the screen? Any info appreciated please.

Hi Russell, I have a MY2018 HSE with Incontrol Pro and CD player hidden behind the comfort controls and have an iPhone 8.
    It appears that messages aren’t automatically set-up between the car and phone when adding it by Bluetooth. If you go back into Bluetooth settings on an iPhone and touch the “i” beside the Landrover connection (you don’t need to be in the car) slide the “show notifications” to On - it’s off by default.
    This then adds messages to the phone options on the car and when you receive a text connected to the car you get a noise, notification on the screen and an option for it to be read out.
    #

I do not have the show notifications option on my iPhone 7, does anybody have an iPhone 7 to compare?
  • Labbix

I have it on my iPhone 6 and 8, so 7 should have it as well. Do a full restart on the iphone and check again...
    However, I remember with the 6 I indeed got the messages spoken and on screen, but later with the 8 not anymore, probably more a JLR software issue and with all the software ‘updates’ it got lost? (or that I use music from the iPhone now with Bluetooth connection as the USB ‘s take almost 5 minutes to display.... but no idea what the reason is)
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Labbix, I tried a restart and it made no difference.

There must be some other setting affecting it.
  • Labbix

Jimbg,

Not a normal reset, but this one:

How to Hard Reset iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus

Step 1: Press and hold the Lock/Wake button on the right side of your iPhone.

Step 2: At the same time, press and hold down the Volume Down button on the left side while keeping the Lock/Wake button pressed.

Step 3: Keep holding both the buttons until the screen turns black and then switches back on to display the Apple Logo.

Step 4: Wait for a couple of seconds until your iPhone boots up completely and displays the Lock screen.

That’s all you need to do to force reset your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. The method is quite similar to older iPhone models except that you have to hold the Volume Down button this time rather than the Home button.

Hard reset is just a forced reboot that is usually used in troubleshooting problems on your iPhone such as when it freezes or slows down to such an extent that you cannot interact with anything properly.
  • Labbix

And of course today a message popped up when I received an iMessage
    and when I did press ‘read’ it actually did it, while playing music from the iPhone through Bluetooth...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum