Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Than Australia suddenly must have a lot of brand new streets by now Wink
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Nope, they are just map fixes. Some of the routings it calculates are just plain stupid, I noticed one had been fixed after an update.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Craigp
    England 

So after the last oil change on the 9th Oct. Ive done 1150 miles and lost 3100 miles off my miles to next service. Around 3:1 (3 litre diesel). My driving style must stink.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

But... 9th October to now is about 2.5 months. The service interval is 16000 miles or 1 year (whichever is the sooner).

16000 รท12 = 1333 miles per month.
    Therefore 2.5 months = 3333 miles

Your car appears to be counting down the time to your next service correctly but telling you miles rather than days.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Craigp
    England 

That would certainly work out but unfortunately my car was only reset to 6500 after the last service. If it worked by date or maximum mileage it would have been cheaper for them to supply me with a calendar and not run the complex algorithm that we are led to believe occurs.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Mine was serviced on 27th Sept, checked the indicator whilst sat at the dealer, 15900 miles to service.
    Drove 100 miles straight line up the A1 at Mtwy speeds and it dropped to 9,800 miles in just one journey.

1,700 miles later on the 24th Nov it came up with service now, So my driving style must be the worse in the country, if not the World.

Not sure what mines counting down from, or working on what algorythn.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • unido
    United Kingdom 

I am just in the process of buying a 17 plate Disco and came across these issues! Shocked

The car is coming with 3 years warranty and I was going to take out a 3 year service plan.

Is there any evidence that the latest software update is going to help?
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

If your's is a 17 MY then i dont think there is an update applicable, the N222 version what ever it is now will not be available as your VIN pre dates the relase patch, in essence your operating system is different to the 2018MY Veh's. So it cannot be applied.

And i don't want to come across as alarmist............ BUT, with all the best will in the world, EVEN if your's does require a service at XY or Z miles and it does suffer from the dreaded Oil Dilution then getting anything out of JLR to even recognise the problem will be a miracle. The literature supplied to deaers from JLR states quite clearly that the customers driving style is to blame and that the customer must pay for the Oil & Filter.

Depending on how often your service light illuminates will determine how much extra the vehicle will cost you, Mine is illuminating as low as 1,700 miles and has even gone to 3,200 between services.

The issue according to JLR does not exist, which is not helpfull when you have to try and explain what is wrong with your vehicle, AND then wait a month to get it looked at by the dealer.

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Google JLRP00100

See what Land Rover has instructed the. dealers !

• unido
    United Kingdom 

Thank you for the response.

My Dad has the same engine but I just put it down to him doing very very short trips. He has changed at 6k, 10k and 16k. Dealer has said the changes are covered under warranty. The 16k change had a software update also, he had this a few days ago.

I thought with my commutes, I would get away with changing alongside services but now I have seen people who commute a fair distance, they too are changing early.

Is there no hope for the TD6?
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

There is Hope, The TD6 is a good engine, the architecture behind the engine that is supposed to make the engine compliant has in some instances choked it.... Mine does long Mtwy commutes, here's the ironic bit !!!!!! Its better if i drive the thing round Town,

Traveling a couole of hundred miles on the Mtwy can see my indicator drop 7K Miles, it's not re generating when it's supposed to do and it tries whilst sat in traffic, you would think a software patch would rectify the issue but from what i've been told the one single turbo and the DPF in the wrong place as well as the Urea nozzle all compound the fact that mine's reporting early Oil Dilution.

If your Dad's has been updated then his must be an 18 Model Year vehicle, an update is only available in the form of a one time application.

• unido
    United Kingdom 

That is bizarre re the long runs and then driving it around town.

My Dads was registered March 2017 which is the same time as the one I have put a deposit down on.

Is there any way of seeing what software update it had?
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

For the 2019 MY Vehicle they dropped the single Turbo config and went back to the BiTurbo as it was in the D4.

There have been a few reports of early oil changes with the 2019 MY but these have been an exception and have only conducted short runs, the theory behind the swap was it would appear help create the heat required to conduct an efficient burn of the DPF.

• unido
    United Kingdom 

What about the SD4 2.0l models?
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

The dealer will most likely tell you what it had installed, ring them see what they say. you could look on Topix if you have access or know some one who does.

The software update memo is available on here somewhere and it shows the start of the VIN Numbers, production was late 2017, Sept, Oct and November onwards ? this being the 2018 MY run.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum