Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Funny you should say that as I’ve been wondering if there is a problem or not....I’ve noticed that the LH USB port isn’t always showing as a media source (with USB stick in). Two sticks have then been corrupted. I’ve put it down to old USB sticks for now....will test more.

Oh...and now realise the data connection is 3g when it should be 4g....🙄😡

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Mine started playing up after the first Phase 3 Update. Everything was fine before then with two phones connected and being able to swap sources. Power was also consistent. As the iPhone now appears and disappears as a music source along with the power coming and going I’m thinking it’s still software not properly seeing what’s plugged in.

A passive memory stick would be different to a smartphone so my map updates copy across no problem.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Could still be the cable power and data use different parts of the usb connection. I would try some others can recommend on amazon “Rab power” have there cables very good quality and tough also use there travel charger and wireless charging pad all very good. Try that I did have similar problems befor that cable is now in the bin.

2017 HSE Lux 3.0L Santorini Black
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 

As for the data connection if I’m not mistaken it’s only a 3G connection Land Rover only fitted a 3G modem

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

MY18 supports 4G I believe.

The cables, I’ve tried three and same results. The USB cable when plugged in the ports seems quite lose. Maybe they have an updated part that makes better connection? The cables all supply power constantly in my USB charge plugged into the 12v socket and are tighter too.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Just got the Infotainment upgrade today. Tried the voice controlled navigation but the only response was for the system to return to the Home page. Very disappointing.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Have you updated to the latest map? Apparently Nav voice control won’t work until you do.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 

Mmmm, I thought I had but now I will check. Thanks

Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 

Did you buy any chance just say “home”. If so try “ navigation take me home”. “Home will take you to the home screen!

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Mine has had the latest software update and that is supposed to include the maps but it still does not work
    Dealer has left ones at it and thinks it’s a hard ware issue going back in again for more investigations

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

This sounds like it’s never going to be resolved ? Mines working perfectly now, if it goes in who knows what dilemmas it could come back with.

I’ve had this before, missing software after an alleged update, I ended up leaving the vehicle at the dealers and never picked it back up again. How on earth can something leave the manufacturer working, be recalled for one of their updates, seize to function correctly ? And just expect the general public to be perfectly accepting of it, it’s funny but if my Sort Code or Acc No were to only work under certain circumstances I’m sure they would be chasing me quite quickly for the error to be rectified.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

simonh wrote:
    Have you updated to the latest map? Apparently Nav voice control won’t work until you do.

Yes, that has been mentioned but I am on the latest maps and it makes no difference.

The dealer picked the car up today for Land Rover to connect into it and further diagnose the problem.

Let's hope they get to the bottom of it.
    Not holding my breath! Big Cry
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Keep me posted please as mine does not go in until 16th May.
    I did take it to the delaers on Monday and they witnessed the issues for themsleves and agreed it is not right, they also confirmed they are seing similar issues with the Velar they are running as a demo vehicle.Their initial thoughts are with the hardware not the software, they believe it may need a new infotainment hardware module under the NSF seat but this has not been confirmed. It is going into the dealers on the 16th for LR to connect to it so it would be nice to see if yours gets fixed before hand.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 

simonh wrote:

I upgraded the maps again this morning and the version was just one digit higher! Anyway, it seems to have done he trick. I gave the voice control a very quick test and it worked!

Thanks

Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Excellent Smile

Look like it was updated again in the last 48hrs.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum